Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

shockaholick_01

Reaction score
I think I just got it to work..i'm so dumb..I connected to my wifi network..those fields showed, and the simulator worked fine.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
hmm..ok soo when i click to add storage...it brings up a pop menu to "open wifi" ...should I add my home network..and then go back and try again? maybe that is the issue?

You should already be connected to wi-fi. It's required for this to work.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. All I needed to do was reboot my computer after installation of VB. Should've done it after installation to begin with.

PsychoticElf

Reaction score
i dont have the files app on my bionic =/ i had my bionic rooted before the update to JB and i used root explore but now that its on JB and not rotted anymore i cant find the default files app to get to the add storage thing...is there any other way to get to it?

Edit: i found a way around my problem but now im running into the same issue ppl were having before where im getting the "not found" response where it says "ur device may reboot" but it never does reboot and i dont know what u mean by press the power or volume buttons cus nothing changed on my phone so all it does is shut off the screen of change the volume like it always does =/ sry for the bother im completely noob at this whole rooting thing and i have no idea how to read the code or anything so any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Edit 2: i typed in all the codes u ask best i could but the last one keeps saying not found but my cell is connected to the program just as it is suppose to be and all the usb settings are configured the way they should be on the phone itself =/ heres a picture of it

Linux Minimal.png

i get to this point but nothing reboots my phone just sits there =/

Linux Minimal 2.png

mschoono

Reaction score
Was there ever a resolution to the "daemon started successfully" thing? I seem to be stuck there as well.

mschoono

Reaction score
Got it. Saw a suggestion to plug it into a different usb port, even though the computer was recognizing the device. VirtualBox wasn't recognizing it. When I plugged it into a different port, it asked to install a virtualbox usb driver. I installed it, and after that, it worked right away.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I followed all of the directions and I got a message phone is not connected but it is I unplugged and replugged it and same message. What did I do wrong?

PsychoticElf

Reaction score
i dont have the files app on my bionic =/ i had my bionic rooted before the update to JB and i used root explore but now that its on JB and not rotted anymore i cant find the default files app to get to the add storage thing...is there any other way to get to it?

Edit: i found a way around my problem but now im running into the same issue ppl were having before where im getting the "not found" response where it says "ur device may reboot" but it never does reboot and i dont know what u mean by press the power or volume buttons cus nothing changed on my phone so all it does is shut off the screen of change the volume like it always does =/ sry for the bother im completely noob at this whole rooting thing and i have no idea how to read the code or anything so any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Edit 2: i typed in all the codes u ask best i could but the last one keeps saying not found but my cell is connected to the program just as it is suppose to be and all the usb settings are configured the way they should be on the phone itself =/ heres a picture of it

View attachment 63094

i get to this point but nothing reboots my phone just sits there =/

View attachment 63113

im still having trouble with mine does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

slave13

Reaction score
I'm rooted yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! thanks for make this, if anyone on the forums asks ill send them to your method. it was super easy.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I held off with the JB update as long as I could. Now that this easy root method was available, I finally decided to bite the bullet. IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!! Thank you!! =)

makoti

Reaction score
Ok. This is going to sound like dumb question, but I'd like to get my root back, so...I've read where some had issues getting this to work the first try. What happens to your phone if the install fails? Does it go back to its previous state (stock JB)? Or is it in some sort of limbo unless you do something to get it back there? In a nutshell: If the install fails, can I still use the phone while I figure it out?

deduct

Reaction score
If the root install fails you just won't be rooted. Nothing else happens