Easiest way to get from 1.0 to 1.1

Xiix300

Reaction score
I've got Sapphire 1.0 and want to go to 1.1 The only problem is that I have to wipe my phone before I do this, but I have so many apps downloaded. I have an app backup app called on the fly backup that will install my apps, but the problem with that is when I re-install them, they wont show up in the market when I need to update them. Can you all please give me some advice here?

PS. I get a TON of random reboots running 1.0 sapphire. And it seems to freeze up a lot. It's kind of frustrating... Any idea why or some fixes. If it matters, im running the dark theme

tominabox1

Reaction score
I've got Sapphire 1.0 and want to go to 1.1 The only problem is that I have to wipe my phone before I do this, but I have so many apps downloaded. I have an app backup app called on the fly backup that will install my apps, but the problem with that is when I re-install them, they wont show up in the market when I need to update them. Can you all please give me some advice here?

PS. I get a TON of random reboots running 1.0 sapphire. And it seems to freeze up a lot. It's kind of frustrating... Any idea why or some fixes. If it matters, im running the dark theme

1) answer to post title - best way to get from 1.0 to 1.1 is to go to 1.1.1 ;) (do a whipe both data and cache)

2) use titanium backup pro. it will restore even your user settings and it will link back to the market so they'll all be updated again when that time comes around.

3) about the reboots- make sure you're using a kernel that is a) supported by CVPCS, and b) stable on your phone. this may mean using a SV vs a LV kernel or perhaps raising the minimum speed from 125 to 250 MHz. Not all kernels work on all phones.

good luck and if you have any problems or more questions, stop by the IRC chat on freenode: webchat.frenode.net, room: #cvpcs dancedroid

OP
X

Xiix300

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers there... 1. and 2. should be easy enough for me... About #3... I havent messed with the kernals. When i installed 1.0 i guess i have whatever kernal is there by default. I have the moto droid 1 and have setcpu installed. I have the 5 profiles set and it has max 1000 and min 125. I tried setting min to 250 and there is no other options between 125 and 400.

What's the easiest way to go about installing a different kernal if i have to. Sorry I didnt use the search function on that question, but if you would be so kind to help, it would be appreciated

thanks

tominabox1

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers there... 1. and 2. should be easy enough for me... About #3... I havent messed with the kernals. When i installed 1.0 i guess i have whatever kernal is there by default. I have the moto droid 1 and have setcpu installed. I have the 5 profiles set and it has max 1000 and min 125. I tried setting min to 250 and there is no other options between 125 and 400.

What's the easiest way to go about installing a different kernal if i have to. Sorry I didnt use the search function on that question, but if you would be so kind to help, it would be appreciated

thanks

I thought the default kernel was 250-800... You might not have the kernel you think you have. THe default kernel will be re-applied when you update to 1.1.1 so see if you have any luck with that when you get there.

OP
X

Xiix300

Reaction score
I guess I will give 1.1.1 a shot tonight and see what happens... I really just ultimately want to stop the freezing and reboots which is my #1 priority... as far as all the cool techy options that keep coming out, they are great but I dont feel special when I go to show them to someone and my phone has to reboot first (I feel like im back to my blackberry storm)... lord knows I dont want that :blackberry: = :greendroid: for me right now :icon_evil:

(just wanted to play with the pictures ha)

Lurkingfear

Reaction score
I Actually wouldn't run setCPU i've had nothing but problems with it. If you install the default you will have a 250mhz - 800mhz scaling. That is what i have and it runs perfectly, dont really see a need to go faster than that.

OP
X

Xiix300

Reaction score
I could try that as well... are you on 1.1.1? what theme are you using?

wingdo

Reaction score
I thought the default kernel was 250-800... You might not have the kernel you think you have. THe default kernel will be re-applied when you update to 1.1.1 so see if you have any luck with that when you get there.

The OP is currently running 1.0 which came stock with a 125-1000 kernel.

wingdo

Reaction score
I have 1.0 and its 250 - 800mhz scaling.

Sorry, but it didn't come with the 250-800. It truly did come with a 125-1000. 250-800SV became stock with 1.1.0 (the next official release after 1.0.0, technically the 1.0.5 test which was released just before 1.1.0 also had the 250-800SV).

From the Sapphire website for 1.0.0 @ sapphire:releases:1.0.0 [CCRoms Wiki]
"I personally recommend kernel 7×125-1000LV that is included, as it provides good speed with good stability, and longer battery life."

[EDIT] better source:
http://github.com/cvpcs/android_vendor_cvpcs/blob/froyo-gem/CHANGELOG
"1.0.2:
New kernels [cvpcs]
Added some new kernels with interactive governor support, which
provides a tradeoff between battery life and performance that
leans more towards performance. Note that ondemand will remain
the default as it promotes better battery life. The stock
125-1000LV kernel has also been replaced by the 250-800SV kernel
for the purpose of providing more stability out-of-the-box."

Lurkingfear

Reaction score
Ooops my mistake i was thinking of 1.1.1 i have 1.1.0 ... thats my mistake, i had no troubles with the 1.0 one though but i think i set the 1000mhz down to 800 in the performance scaling in gem settings.

i use 1.1.0 with black N bold theme, stock kernal (this one is 250 - 800) have black facebook installed , black twitter and the black market.. runs like a champ and looks freakin cool!

wingdo

Reaction score
Ooops my mistake i was thinking of 1.1.1 i have 1.1.0 ... thats my mistake, i had no troubles with the 1.0 one though but i think i set the 1000mhz down to 800 in the performance scaling in gem settings.

i use 1.1.0 with black N bold theme, stock kernal (this one is 250 - 800) have black facebook installed , black twitter and the black market.. runs like a champ and looks freakin cool!

A number of people had issues with the 125-1000 kernel (either the 125 part or the 1000 part, hence the move to 250-800 SV). It's no biggie, just wanted to answer why the OP stated he was using profiles ranging from 125 to 1000. ;)

Kernels are an interesting lot. One runs great on this droid and awful on that droid. It's one of the primary reason the stock kernel is what it is, it *needs* to run well on EVERY droid. So voltages are higher than most droids need, and there is no overclock in stock (even though the kernel supports it). Perfect example is I cannot run Chevy's ULV 125-800 clocked from 250-800, but I can run his 250-1000 ULV also clocked from 250-800.

OP
X

Xiix300

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and information everyone... I'm going to put on 1.1.1 tonight and see how that plays out. I think I may do the Black and Bold theme as well.