DX2 Corporate Email

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. . . Just spent 30 minutes with Verizon and 15 minutes with Motorola on the phone.

Motorola had me try a free third party app (Improved Mail by mtwebster) and was still unsuccessful, so apparently there's a setting that needs to be made on my Exchange server (which I manage), although every other Anroid device that my staff members use connect fine. They could not tell me anything about the differences about encryption, etc. that could be causing the problems with the DX2 to actually sync the email on the phone although the account appears to set up fine.

Response was because it isn't "officially released" they cannot help to tell me what I need to tweak on my Exchange server to allow my Corporate Email to work.

(Why then would I be able to purchase this from Verizon if it is not "officially released" ???? RAGE. . .)
:icon_cussing:

So, are any of you familiar with the differences in encryption or possible causes for one Android phone to work with our Exchange 2007 SP3 server (running Server 2003 R2 SP3) and not the DX2?

Desperate. . . I told Level 2 that I'm ready to send it back, to which they responded that Level 3 can call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I give their Level 3 support until the end of the day to call me back or it's going back to Verizon, and no one in my organization will be allowed to purchase and connect Motorola devices to our Exchange server.

Thank you so much in advance!

I was going to suggest Improved Mail, so VZW beat me too it. I can't believe they called it "unreleased." What bizarre corporate speak. I feel your pain, a phone w/out exchange access is about as useful as a paper-weight for me. My wife is getting Exchange access set up on her DX2 this week (requires moving her phone to her company's corp account)...it had better work or hers will go back as well.

Alztybrn

Reaction score
Is there any update to this? My wife just got an X2 and I can not get the corporate sync to work. All the settings are correct...in fact played around with all the username/domain combos and nothing.
I just keep getting the "Log in to the account failed. Please try again"

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

yakusa88

Reaction score
Update on Droid X Corporate Sync Issue

As of today, August 26, 2011, there still appears to be no Android/Motorola based solution to this issue. I have downloaded the Touchdown app like many others, requested the pertinant installation details from my organization and am now using it for "corporate" email and calendar access. I'm still in the 30 day trial window for Touchdown, but I too will likely purchase it for $19.99 so I can maintain my connectivity to my work.

I did speak with VerizonWireless I.T. today and requested they enter a ticket with Motorola on our collective behalf to push for a permanant solution via software upgrade. I encourage everyone who encounters this problem to contact Motorola and request a permanant solution. Something that worked perfectly on "old" technology should not need a work-around (for an additonal cost) with the upgraded technology. And I would think that Motorola/Google would CARE very much as this issue makes this phone less competitive against B-berries and iPhones.

DanKoval

Reaction score
Here is what I just did on a friends phone:

Email Address: Your email address
Password: Your password
Domain: Blank
Username: DOMAIN\User.Name

****Important*****
Click the Menu Button, click "Set Up Manually" and add the server name manually
Leave Use Secure Connection checked ON

Click NEXT!!!!

BKStew

Reaction score
For those of you who are still banging you heads on the wall :angry: for upgrading your Droid phone when the old one would sync just fine with your corporate server, I found out today that Motorola knows about the issue, is working on it, but has no time line when and if the problem will get fixed.

There are a couple of things you can have your server administrator check into that might correct the problem.

I got this from Motorola today.

[FONT=&quot]Motorola Customer Care[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scope:

This solution applies to Exchange 2007 and 2010 environments.

This document is directed to an IT Exchange Admin familiar with modifying the Exchange Active Sync policy(s) that apply to customer mailbox(s).

When the phone is updated to the 2.3 software, the phone may experience a Provisioning Error with the Orange triangle on the status bar (Account Name provisioning error, Please contact server admin) and the Corp sync accounts are no longer communicating with the Exchange Server.

When setting up a new account on a Droid X, the phone displays an error message: Error, The device cannot be provisioned on this server. Please contact the server's admin and the account never completes the set up.

Resolution:

When the Exchange Active sync policy setting is configured with "Allow non-provisional be devices" unchecked, make sure the Exchange Active Sync settings below are selected.

Password Tab:

Allow Simple Password (see note below on securing device)
Device Tab:

Allow Removable Storage
Allow camera
Allow Wifi
Allow Internet sharing from device
Allow remote desktop from device
Allow Bluetooth Handsfree Only
Advanced Tab in Exchange 2007:

Allow Browser
Allow consumer mail
Device Application Tab in Exchange 2010:

Allow Browser
Allow consumer mail

Those policies are not supported at this time and causing the provisioning problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional information:

Definitions of Allow Simple Password and Minimum Password Complex Characters:

Allow Simple Password Exchange Active Sync policy - this policy allows IT administrators to prevent user from creating passwords containing only repeating or sequential characters (like "abcd" and "11111")

Minimum Password Complex Characters Exchange Active Sync policy - allows IT to specify how many non-letter characters should be included in the password in addition to letters.
Motorola Mobility Response on these issues:

The Allow Simple Password Exchange Active Sync policy is not supported on the device and device would not connect to Exchange servers requiring this policy to be enabled. However, this device does support Minimum Password Complex Characters policy which if enabled on the server supersedes the Allow Simple Password setting.

Motorola Mobility is considering adding feature support for all of the Exchange Active sync policy settings in the future.[/FONT]