DX2 Corporate Email

BillyT

Reaction score
Can't get corporate email (corporate sync) setup on the DX2. Didn't have any problem with my original Droid (email). Spent quite a while on the phone with tech support, she was able to get it running fine on a DX. Anyone else having a similar problem. Any suggestions for alternatives?

BillyT

cobjones

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I got the D2 from D1 that I had to add my domain in front of my username.

Try that and let me know.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
The way the domain name was setup on the D1 was different from what I had to set it up on the DX2. Made the changes, have work email and can see my calendar - yea!dancedroid. VZ was ready to give me another phone, it wasn't a game changer for me though.

BillyT

reneebailey

Reaction score
How was the domain name setup different on the DX2 vs DX ? We can get the Droid X users to sync, but I can't get my new X2 to sync. All settings appear correct. It looks like it's trying to sync, but no go. :huh:

I really don't want to return this phone and go back to my Brickberry.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exchange support on the DX2 is definitely there...I've seen several posts from others using it on the DX2.

It would be good to know from BillyT what he found going from the D1 to the DX2. On my D1 if I remember correctly, the domain/id were entered on one line ("/Domain/ID") whereas on the DX2, you have separate fields for each item...

SuBDivisions

Reaction score
My x2 setup flawlessly, and we are on older Exchange 2003 here.. Syncd contacts, email, calendar, tasks..

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
My x2 setup flawlessly, and we are on older Exchange 2003 here.. Syncd contacts, email, calendar, tasks..

Interesting, there is no task sync that I'm aware of on the Android moto devices. You sure you got task sync?

reneebailey

Reaction score
Exchange support on the DX2 is definitely there...I've seen several posts from others using it on the DX2.

It would be good to know from BillyT what he found going from the D1 to the DX2. On my D1 if I remember correctly, the domain/id were entered on one line ("/Domain/ID") whereas on the DX2, you have separate fields for each item...

Totally agree. BillyT, help a girl out!

Anyhow, on the DX2, domain and id are still on same line (Username = domain\username). Without domain, logon fails. I've tried using username@domain with no success as well.

With domain\username, it looks like it sets up correcntly. I check the inbox, it reads "No messages", so I'll manually sync and it just spins.

I've deleted and readded the account multiple times now. Nothing. . .

I'll keep searching the forums.
Thanks!

OP
B

BillyT

Reaction score
When I setup the corporate sync account, what I did on the line for domain was add the domain and a backslash (no user name). When I tried to set it up with domain-backslash-username, it failed. Now when I check the settings, it has it setup as domain\username (as it was in the D1).

I had to change me password yesterday, to say I was nervous about it is an understatement. I have not had any problems since I set it up and got the success message.

reneebailey

Reaction score
Still no luck here. . . I've poured through our Exchange settings as well.
Frustration beyond belief.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm able to get the "Success" page when adding the account, but I STILL do not get any messages or calendar items sent to my phone. It fails to sync.

If I don't get it fixed by 2:00, I'll have to go back to my Blackberry, so I can stay in touch with work.

:frown:

reneebailey

Reaction score
Wow. . . Just spent 30 minutes with Verizon and 15 minutes with Motorola on the phone.

Motorola had me try a free third party app (Improved Mail by mtwebster) and was still unsuccessful, so apparently there's a setting that needs to be made on my Exchange server (which I manage), although every other Anroid device that my staff members use connect fine. They could not tell me anything about the differences about encryption, etc. that could be causing the problems with the DX2 to actually sync the email on the phone although the account appears to set up fine.

Response was because it isn't "officially released" they cannot help to tell me what I need to tweak on my Exchange server to allow my Corporate Email to work.

(Why then would I be able to purchase this from Verizon if it is not "officially released" ???? RAGE. . .)
:icon_cussing:

So, are any of you familiar with the differences in encryption or possible causes for one Android phone to work with our Exchange 2007 SP3 server (running Server 2003 R2 SP3) and not the DX2?

Desperate. . . I told Level 2 that I'm ready to send it back, to which they responded that Level 3 can call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I give their Level 3 support until the end of the day to call me back or it's going back to Verizon, and no one in my organization will be allowed to purchase and connect Motorola devices to our Exchange server.

Thank you so much in advance!