Duracell mygrid

mskks64

Reaction score
I am really thinking about getting this to share with my roommate as a birthday present. The only problem is all of them I see have mini plug'ins and as you know we have micro. I also seem to only beable to find the cases and i really don't want a case. I just want the tip. Am I looking in the wrong place? Anyone else using this and can point me in the right direction?

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Personally I find the MyGrid and Powermat pointless. A month ago I was interested in the Powermat as it was pretty cheap at Costco but I did some research. You're really just purchasing a gimmick or a conversational piece. Neither are great forms of charging as you can't really use it once it's on the mat.

I like to txt and I can do that while charging...it's not as easy with a mat...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Neither are great forms of charging as you can't really use it once it's on the mat.

Subjective matter. For many, not having to worry about wires is the point. However, I don't see the point in using one with a generic adapter that plugs into the micro USB port.

Reaction score
if you don't mind having some cheesy metal disc taped to the back of your phone and a plug constantly sticking out of your USB port, then I suppose it would be ok.

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Neither are great forms of charging as you can't really use it once it's on the mat.

Subjective matter. For many, not having to worry about wires is the point. However, I don't see the point in using one with a generic adapter that plugs into the micro USB port.

You still have a wire connecting the Grid to a wall. Then have a special accessory you have to put on every time to charge. You have the option of double sticking the special adapter to the back of your phone but who in their right mind finds that worth it?

That sounds like a ton of unnecessary work instead of grabbing the charger and plugging in like the rest of us do.

OP
M

mskks64

Reaction score
yeah after looking at this more last night it's not what I want. The technology just isnt there yet what i truly want. I was wanting a small tip to plug into my phone just a tip that i would just lay on the pad.

TheLastNative

Reaction score
yeah after looking at this more last night it's not what I want. The technology just isnt there yet what i truly want. I was wanting a small tip to plug into my phone just a tip that i would just lay on the pad.

The Grid and Powermat are good strides forward though. I say a few years the technology would be there. It's sad to think we aren't there yet though. It sounds like a simple idea.

jbdow

Reaction score
I was looking at a couple of them at wallyworld yesterday, and i thought it
might be a good idea. Then i read the instructions on the back and they were
talking about taking your phone's back cover off to attach the charging device.
While hopefully no one is offended, i found that concept to be breathtakingly
ridiculous. but maybe i'm missing something. Saving wear and tear on your usb
jack? Dividing the wear and tear between it and your battery cover? Man,
i hope what's going on here is not something really beautifull and i'm just too
stupid to see it....:icon_eek:

r, john

symondpole64

Reaction score
It's good that now we can use Duracell in different purposes, technology is rising and so do Duracell by bringing new things in their rechargeable battery. I was hoping to get more of your updates about the Duracell manufacturers.

duracell batteries

hood

Reaction score
The Duracell grid is awesome. Try it and you'll love it.

http://tinyurl.com/3r72op3

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited: