Durability of Droid X? lag?

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on this forum! haha

i got my droid x about last week and sadly..i already dropped it a couple of times on wooden floor and carpet floors.
and i am just curious of the durability of this phone and how well built this phone is.
when i dropped it, the case was on (clear hard plastic case).

and i am also wondering if the dropping of the phone can cause slow down/ lag on the phones interface (ex. scrolling through menus, or home pages or pinch zooming.)

i have downloaded couple of apps recently (google skymap, beautiful widgets, barcode scanner, MSN etc.) no ATK.
is the bit of lag possibly from the apps?
or can it be from dropping the phone too much already? =(

the phone is still pretty new and its playing with my mind too much..lol

thank you!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! I'm not sure about the X but if it's built anything like the original droid.....it's tough. Lately I seem to drop mine daily on the garage floor (getting out of my jeep and forgetting my droid is in my lap) and it's fine <knock wood>

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on this forum! haha

i got my droid x about last week and sadly..i already dropped it a couple of times on wooden floor and carpet floors.
and i am just curious of the durability of this phone and how well built this phone is.
when i dropped it, the case was on (clear hard plastic case).

and i am also wondering if the dropping of the phone can cause slow down/ lag on the phones interface (ex. scrolling through menus, or home pages or pinch zooming.)

i have downloaded couple of apps recently (google skymap, beautiful widgets, barcode scanner, MSN etc.) no ATK.
is the bit of lag possibly from the apps?
or can it be from dropping the phone too much already? =(

the phone is still pretty new and its playing with my mind too much..lol

thank you!

More then likely if your phone is slowing down an app is causing it. But it may be as simple as just turning your phone off and back on, if you haven't done that for several days give that a try.

Beyond that making sure your cache is clean is important. There is an app out there for non rooted phones to clean the cache however you will have to clean each app individually.

But it's better then not cleaning it at all. Give that a try.