Duplicated Non-Working Ringtones

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Anyone run into the issue of getting duplicated non-working ringtones? I believe Missed Call (the app) is the cause but I am not sure. And what strange is that it isn't every ringtone, just a few older ones. Also, anyone who had a ringtone assign specifically for them has nothing underneath ringtone instead of the normal default. Any possible solutions?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Did you move or otherwise alter the folder that you keep your ringtones in?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you might be right, and its the app causing this.

I'm thinking that the reason that some people don't have anything set as a custom ringtone anymore, is because that app did some work on the files associated with the contacts. This would also explain why there are duplicates. Mount your SD card via the USB cable, and go through your folders. Look for one that that app has made. f there is one (and I'm betting there is) look in it to find the duplicates. If you want to continue using this app, then move all your ringtones to the folder that the duplicates are in.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
So the duplicates aren't on your SD card anywhere....like anywhere at all?

Peculiar...

Hm. What are you using on your phone to see these duplicates? As in, are you using a folder explorer like astro, or are they showing up in a list when you attempt to set a ringtone?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Are you using a file explorer to see these dupelicates or are they sowing up in a list when you try to set a ringtone?

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Duplicates show up in the list when I go to set the ringtones. I can't find the duplicates under file explorer.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Have you tried a battery pull? Powering it off, taking out the battery, counting to five-ish, putting the battery back in, and powering it up will make the phone restructure the file system. Hopefully, this will fix you problem.

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Tried that. No luck with that either. Right now, I just deleted the working ringtones so right now have single non working duplicate of the original which is taking up space on the ringtone list.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the apps data, forceclosing it, or last case scenario, uninstalling it all together?