Duplicate Social Servies in Account Menu

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Anyone else have a situation like this in the 'add a new account' area?

View attachment 46469

I have two icons for both Facebook and Twitter. Not sure when, or how, this happened exactly. I have been noticing some significant performance issues with the Facebook app (takes 15-20 seconds to load regardless of connection type). After stumbling upon this, I wonder if it has something to do with it. If I click on the FB icon that has a check next to it, it says account already active, only one FB acct allowed at a time. The other FB icon does nothing.

Any thoughts on this, or a possible resolution?

Reaction score
I have two as well. I believe one it's stock work your phone and that is what enables the notifications in your status bar, the other is because you have three Facebook Android application installed. I don't use the Android Twitter app, i use TweetCaster, so i only have the os twitter there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
One is the Moto Blur implementation, and one is from the individual apps you've installed. Yet another example of MotoBloat. :)

OP
CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Well ... thats lame. Especially because both the Facebook and Twitter apps offer notification anyway.

OP
CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Will my contacts still sync with facebook and twitter if I don't use the motoblur integration, and just use the dedicated twitter and facebook application?

Scribble

Reaction score
If I remember correctly it only lets you select the motobloat ones to sync with contacts et al. :(

OP
CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Well ... I removed both the twitter and facebook account, my phone rebooted and now it's just locked up. Won't connect to the radio. Tried a battery pull, tried letting it wait, nothing.

Ugh.