Dual Wallpaper - Portrait and Landscape Wallpapers

Benkr0n

Reaction score
Promoting my new app... (i also posted this in the themes section)

Dual Wallpaper allows the user to select two different wallpapers to be set when the phone is either in Landscape or Portrait mode.

When the orientation changes, the application will automatically change the wallpaper.

My Home Screens both Portrait and Landscape
cap201002172107.jpg
cap2010021721071.jpg

and the two wallpapers i used ( notice how the landscape one is half black, cause you can't see it )

portraite.jpg
landscapeb.jpg

This app solves all my problems with how android handles the wallpaper.
It is up on the market now.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
i would totally download it, but 2.50 is a lil pricey for what it does... i would def pay .99 cents or free but nothing more to be completely honest

OP
B

Benkr0n

Reaction score
well i lowered the price... i had gotten a few emails exactly like your post

img.php

edit: qr code

Last edited:

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
thanks, i purchased it, pretty good, tho it seems to lag a bit when switching, and for some reason does not accept all pictures, and is a little glitchy in the choosing of wallpapers, part of that was my fault, forgot which was portrait and landscape :p but in anycase still chose 2 diff wallpapers and it only used one and just gave a default was very strange, chose a different picture and it worked.

IN ANYCASE. i think its awesome great idea!

...if only someone could make something like this that allowed a different picture per page...

Edit: if you could also add a way to crop it that would be perfect.

Last edited:

bastosero

Reaction score
It sounds interesting, but I'll wait until most of the bugs have been fixed.

OP
B

Benkr0n

Reaction score
i just want to point out this was only tested on a motorola droid...

and also the lag you speak of is the actually setting of the wallpaper, takes less than 1 sec....
but this is a big improvement of when it took like 7 seconds in previous versions. (1.5 and 1.6 depreciated code)

also the app needs access to the sdcard, so if you mount your sdcard it won't find the picture...

future plans are to load the images into the app, not just the location.
and as for cropping... photoshop is far better than anything i can do on the phone :)

i could post the template psd i use if anyone wants

unkilbeeg

Reaction score
Is this on a rooted phone?

On phones that don't go into landscape mode (like mine), I'm not sure how much utility this would have.

OP
B

Benkr0n

Reaction score
no this app does not need root...

and like you said this doesn't make much sense for phone that don't go into landscape

(i think there are some hacked launchers that rotate into landscape but that may require root )