laggy wallpaper..?

acbrown24

Reaction score
Well basically whenever i set a wallpaper and i pull out my keyboard to go landscape mode, the wallpaper will compress down to fit on about half the screen, the left side. On the right half of the screen it is all black, and when i slide through the screens any apps or widget icons will like...copy into the black part multiple times and just keep piling on top of each other until i go back to portrait.

Any ideas or suggestions on a fix? I have tried dodol wallpaper maker (im pretty sure thats the name) and have had no luck fixing it any other way.

Thanks.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Choosing a wallpaper using the stock gallery app offers you to crop the picture to fit the dimensions required for a wallpaper image. The actual resolution of a wallpaper image is 960×854. I had absolutely no issues using images of that size as wallpapers.

Try making a 960×854 image on your PC, copying it to your SD card, and then setting it as the wallpaper.

Also, what you described seems to be some actual issue with the launcher.

joey301

Reaction score
Choosing a wallpaper using the stock gallery app offers you to crop the picture to fit the dimensions required for a wallpaper image. The actual resolution of a wallpaper image is 960×854. I had absolutely no issues using images of that size as wallpapers.

Try making a 960×854 image on your PC, copying it to your SD card, and then setting it as the wallpaper.

Also, what you described seems to be some actual issue with the launcher.

I can't crop a wallpaper. It let's me make the setting but the photo does not crop. This is the second bad thing on my bionic today

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

czervick212

Reaction score
Mine does that too but when I take it off the dock and what I usually do is force a re-draw of the home screens. So if you use a home replacement, go into the motorola task manager and close whatever home replacement you use ie ADW etc. always works for me. I don't know how to force it on stock launcher, so if there isnt a way, just restart it