Dual Sims and Clear Pixel Camera Tech on the Moto X?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
motorola-X-Phone.jpg

If you haven't grown tired of all the Moto X rumor and speculation we have a couple other tidbits of ruminfo (see what I did there) that should hold you over for the next few........minutes. First up, according to Taylor Wimberley of Android and Me, the Moto X will feature Clear Pixel technology for it's camera. What the heck is Clear Pixel? Great question! Wimberely said “It means dark, blurry pics and lack of details will be things of the past". We can see Moto fans everywhere jumping up and down like Tom Cruise on Oprah if in fact Motorola steps up their game in the smartphone camera department. The one thing that Moto phones have been lacking is a great camera and with consumers posting pics all over Instagram and FB, a great camera that takes excellent pics will be a welcomed addition. How they will achieve this is is a whole other topic in and of itself, but essentially they should be adding a RGBW filter. Most of us are familiar with RGB (red, green, blue), and if you are already ahead of me here -- which you are -- the dubya is obviously white. The white specs in the filter pattern let through light of all wavelengths, as opposed to colored filters that which ignore most of the light that hits them. Yes, that was boring but now you know. Will they be adding an RGBW filter is anyone's guess, but it does appear they will in order to achieve great low light pics.

frame1.png

Moving on! Is there a Dual Sim variant of the Moto X in the works? According to NWE, who provided the pics above, yes there is. If you look closely you can see the back and front plates of the Moto X smartphone indicating that there will be a dual-SIM set up (note the SIM 1 and SIM 2 identifiers located at the top and bottom sections of the plates.) Also of note, the Dual Sim variant will have the speaker to the left of the camera, while the single-sim will have the speaker placement to the right. Not a huge deal, but for those who are sticklers for detail there you have it. We are done......for now

Via: NWE, Taylor Wimberely

GotnFX

Reaction score
Maybe one SIM is for Verizon and the other is for AT&T/T-Mobile.

Would be an awesome idea for those that have a business and a personal phone..and able to have both active...I wonder just how this could work? very interesting idea! I am very curious to know how this will pan out..