Moto X to Feature ClearView-like Perfect Pixels & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-eric.jpg

This morning we have the latest exciting news leaks for the Moto X. According to Taylor Wimberly, the new Moto X will come with a very advanced new camera system, which includes Clear Pixel-like technology. Here's a quote with a breakdown of the technology we will supposedly see in the new Moto X:

As previously reported, the Moto X features a 10MP Clear Pixel camera, for enhanced low light performance. The pixel size is 1.4 microns, which is smaller than the HTC One (2.0), but larger than the GS4 (1.1). This special camera module also has x4HD Video capture, which bins 4 pixels together to create one perfect pixel. Video can be recorded in 1080p HD at 60 FPS and played back in slow motion at 30 FPS. Three microphones also enable 3D audio recording. Please +1 or share if you love marketing buzz words.

It's basically a form of oversampling in the HD video. This effectively means that 4 pixels will broken down to create 1 "perfect pixel." Intriguing. Of course, the rest of it seems to suggest that the camera sensor will be enhanced as well, which confirms earlier intel. Overall it's great to see Motorola step up to the plate in the camera department. How can one phone possibly have this many new/improved features?

Source: MotoXForums via Google+ Taylor Wimberly

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tomorrow may prove to be a great day.

Yeah tomorrow we gonna be stoked or our balloons will be deflated and we will have to wait for the next device reveal party which should be the n3 I believe. Or vzw htc one (but we already have an idea about that one).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Yeah tomorrow we gonna be stoked or our balloons will be deflated and we will have to wait for the next device reveal party which should be the n3 I believe. Or vzw htc one (but we already have an idea about that one).

Well I'm not drawing conclusions until the reviews start rolling in anyhow but I am excited to see what else if anything comes through in the way of novel features such as this.

combatmedic870

Reaction score

Yep....
Come on $300!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep....
Come on $300!!!

That's the sick part. Performance wise I think his will go toe-to-toe with anything out there. Question is if it will be obsolete faster (if so, I say not by much). But the processor is kind of weird - not sure it will really be a slouch against "true" quad-cores.