DroidForums.net Prize Give Aways

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I would like the see one of the custom docking stations some users have made...preferably the wooden one.

Silver Member
Reaction score
any of the docks
screen protectors
microfiber cloths
tshirts
those vinyl stickers for the back of the screen

how about a year of someone's favorite photo site?

could also do MOTM (member of the month) for varying reasons.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Since I already have the docking station... I think some cool apps to give away would be GDE, MyBackup Pro, Weather Widget, Documents to Go, Note Everything Pro and maybe PicSay Pro.

Granted I have half of those too but I am sure there are people that would like them.

OP
J

JohnDroid

OK guys, we already have a few prizes lined up... now we need to know what kind of competitions we can run. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's a good question. if i could ever stop being lazy and learn how to dev for Android, i'd suggest that (best app contest).

what about best photo contest?

whatever the contest is, it should involve using a Droid.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
that's a good question. if i could ever stop being lazy and learn how to dev for Android, i'd suggest that (best app contest).

what about best photo contest?

whatever the contest is, it should involve using a Droid.

Tough to prove it was taken with a Droid. Too easy to cheat.

The contest depends on what type you'd like. If you want to do something the Mods have to judge, the sky's the limit.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i honestly can't think of anything specific, short of developing apps, which would eliminate a ton of people. most forums i participate on have something specific that makes these types of things easier.

the only thing i can think of for this site is the "post in the thread, random drawing" type submission. and with legal issues with having contests open to the public, etc., that might be the best solution.

i think that's what HoFo does.

luckmylife

Reaction score
How about a creative picture taken of your Droid potraying how awesome it is? Except could you wait till next week to open any contests, I don't have my Droid yet :frown:

luckmylife

Reaction score
Oh and as far as prizes go, if you got a few items that you know people will want, you can spread it out over a couple weeks and the first ever winner picks what they want out of what you have, then the next week (or whenever) picks what they want out of whatever you have... and then it dwindles down. They do that on the radio station I listen to (G105.1) with purses, they call it Pick Your Purse, but of course they just have the nth caller as a winner each day at certain hours.