Announcing Android.net - Android Forum, Covering all Android Phones

J

JohnDroid

As you may be aware DroidForums.net is part of a family of Android discussion forums. Our family of sites try to cover all phones and all skill levels to offer users an easy place to have fun and enjoy their phones while getting help and learning things they may have never even thought they would want to know. Our main goal is to provide a friendly, fun and educational community to like-minded individuals who have a common passion. Today marks a great milestone on this journey of ours with the introduction of Android.net.

Android.net grew out of our desire to launch a website to cover Android phones worldwide under one roof. We will continue to start and run device (and network) specific sites but we also felt that many of our more rabid users wanted a general Android site as well. Android.net fills that need.

We would like to invite you to be one of the first members on the site. Since this site is brand new we have some exciting features available to members who are first to register. We realize that some users just love having low Member ID's... so if your quick, you can register your account and secure your low Member ID #. Even better then that though is a feature we are really excited about... an @android.net email account.

When you register on the site you are able to create a unique email address and forward all mail to that address to your existing email account. You can pick your own username but pick wisely as you will not be able to change it. In addition the names are available on a first come, first served basis.

Another feature that is available on the site are Android.net hosted ROMS, Themes and Media Files. We have seen a glaring hole in hosting available to the community. We aim to be the largest (and free) Android hosting service around. If your a developer, themer or just want to share ringtones with our members then we can arrange our Downloads area to host your files. We are not requiring registrations for members to download files so it should be a great way for you to get your work out to the masses without having to use some of the more troublesome free hosting providers. Please contact an Admin to be moved into the proper usergroup to be able to upload files to the site.

With that said, we would love to have you as a member on our site. To register you can click this link: Register at Android Forum - Android Phone Forum - To visit the site, simply click here: Android Forum - Android Phone Forum

Thanks for your time and thanks for being a member! If you are as excited as us and want to share a link with your friends we would greatly appreciate it!

-- Android Forum

* Note: You can also register on the site using Facebook Connect and don't forget to join us on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook: Android Forums | Facebook, Twitter: Android Forum (androiddotnet) on Twitter

carguy

Reaction score
I'm on. Will droidforums.net migrate to this site or will the co-exist?

OP
J

JohnDroid

I'm on. Will droidforums.net migrate to this site or will the co-exist?

They will co-exist. We wouldn't dream of changing this place -- We love it too much and we think that our users love it as well. We just thought having a place for general android discussion and not verizon/droid specific might be welcomed.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:icon_eek: Meh member 470...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not hating or anything, but why did someone not post this yesterday? Lol, im like 4 hundred something... at least i made it in triple digits and not the thousands.

Kershaw

Reaction score
It's not a huge deal to me, but I was wondering, I just registered and where do I see my Member ID?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just joined. Any information I can get is useful.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah you guys get over there...its the new hot awesomeness. :)

Btw...#145 woot!!!

Sent from somewhere...

jbdow

Reaction score
hey!

i'm #709. In a few months it might appear like i actually know something...
probably...as long as i don't talk too much...

J*Bishop

Reaction score
hey!

i'm #709. In a few months it might appear like i actually know something...
probably...as long as i don't talk too much...

i just registered as well. in the 10min. you signed up it jumped to 763.

adsfa34

Reaction score
AWESOME. That's pretty cool, especially since I'm nearing the end of my contract...but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to give up the Droid 1... I just love it too much. I ditched my D2 after only 2 weeks. I had hacked it to high heaven in that time, and it STILL couldn't touch my OG Droid...

Android FTW!

I got 1239 btw...I wonder if I can create a bunch of different users to get 1337...LOL KIDDING