droiddoes NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've personally used the Droid with Exchange and SSL, however I know there are some types of Exchange sync the Droid can't do natively. Don't hold me to this, but I heard that "Touchdown" has more support for these things. Maybe download it for the standard 24-hour trial and see if it will do what you need? If so, please post back here :)

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Well, somehow i can understand droiddoesNOT....

when i bought the new storm, for a lot of bucks....i had to experience, that it is bad. And all guys where saying "Hey 1st gen phone" and so on. But that doesnt count. A phone sold for such prices should do some things. And if it doesnt, you should get rid of it.

But anyways, if you know you buy a frist gen phone, you know there r some issues. Its just a matter of what u expect the phone to do. So, if DROID gets mails, calls and SMS, and got nice working touchscreen, its good. If it is able to do MORE ...its perfect!

Its just in the eye of the beholder!

tigger

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
The reason everyone here is a bit agressive is due to your slogan of "DROIDDoes NOT."

Nobody likes others who bash their device. If you had politely said you were disappointed about the missing feature, I'm sure you would have had an easier welcome.

Its unfortunate that the feature you rely on is not on this phone. Ultimately you should research this yourself. Sales representatives know more about the plans and pricing than they do about the actual phones.

The first store I went to, the guy didn't even know how to use the phone, the store I went to the next day had a guy who was an expert and showed me all the features. Its a "hit and miss" game. Some representatives know what they are talking about, others might be trying to pretend to know what their doing instead.

I do remember seeing some exchange issues on a leaked verizon document which listed the known problems of the phone (with estimated fix/patch dates). It is possible that the next few updates will fix the very issues you are facing now.

Its a tough situation, and I understand your need to move back quickly for that feature (business stuff) but its going to be a shame if the features are added in the next month after you already went back to your old phone/carrier.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont think most of the guys here bash the iphone, they do say it doesn't have certain features, but far from bashing. He's saying it cannot connect to exchange, well simple fact is that it can, a certain feature is keeping HIM from connecting, doesn't mean it can't.

xjman349

Reaction score
Ill br honest working for Verizon wireless the Droid isn't for everyone. The heavy business user would not be the perfect fit with a Droid. A blackberry would fit customers much better. The Droid isn't the answer for everyone. This post is a prime example maybe you should get the curve 2 and keep the amazing network behind you.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
what is it about what i said some of you don't get.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS CRAP AD I TRUSTED VERIZON SALES TO INFORM ME ABOUT THE PHONES ABILITIES AS IT IS NOW. AND THEY AND THEIR TECH SUPPOERT WERE INCORRECT AT THE POINT OF SALE SO I RETURNED IT.
they got it the first 6 times...

So it didn't work on your exchange and the VZW tech support were incorrect. You returned it and have a device that works for your needs. Perfect.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is not going to turn into any flaming thread. :closed_2:

He / She has stated their minds. It is true that certain security policies will block this phone from working with exchange. This is what most of us believe is going on. They are working on a fix for this. It does however work for alot of exchange servers. It's not a well known problem when it comes to asking people that work for the company other then maybe tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.