Droid spontaenously wipes e-mail configuration

lhfarm

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Droid would regularly wipe my exchange settings - mailbox gone. I would have to reconfigure from scratch. Until next wipe.

I finally got to tech at Verizon who said my data plan needed to be updgraded. I had an unlimited data plan, but I specifically needed "Corporate Smartphone Data Unlimited" plan. Idea being that without this check box checked Verizon (or Droid?) would see Exchange account as unauthorized and drop it. This plan costs about $10-$15 more per month than what I had.

Skeptical at first: problem is that I am not paying Verizon enough money? Also, clearly was not wiping account info every time it synched. Sometimes it worked fine.

But, three weeks after the upgrade I have not lost the setting since. This may actually be the fix. If wipe occurs again, will update this post.

Hope this helps.
Hmmmm.... I haven't lost data since the 2.1 upgrade. Don't know that had anything to do with it, but I certainly didn't change data plans. Hope they just aren't taking your money and you get some extras for the additional payments.

Do keep us informed. I'll report if I loose the account again.

Barry

zeebrew

Reaction score
Yikes. Maybe I have been suckered by sales oriented tech.

Is the 2.1 upgrade an OS upgrade? Was it an auotmatic download, or was that something you had to apply manually?

lhfarm

Reaction score
This was the OTA update that was pushed out by Verizon. I CAN NOT say that the update fixed the problem. But it has gone away. I just looked and I was/am on the "corporate" plan from when I moved over from the BB. So I would still monitor this for a while.

Barry

Froggmann

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Droid would regularly wipe my exchange settings - mailbox gone. I would have to reconfigure from scratch. Until next wipe.

I finally got to tech at Verizon who said my data plan needed to be updgraded. I had an unlimited data plan, but I specifically needed "Corporate Smartphone Data Unlimited" plan. Idea being that without this check box checked Verizon (or Droid?) would see Exchange account as unauthorized and drop it. This plan costs about $10-$15 more per month than what I had.

Skeptical at first: problem is that I am not paying Verizon enough money? Also, clearly was not wiping account info every time it synched. Sometimes it worked fine.

But, three weeks after the upgrade I have not lost the setting since. This may actually be the fix. If wipe occurs again, will update this post.

Hope this helps.

Sorry but you just got suckered. We've always paid for the Exchange email data plan and even after the 2.1 update we have had numerous deletions of the sync settings. It's still a design flaw in the email app. So far the only thing that has worked is Touchdown.

As for the settings wipe, I'm guessing the app just simply runs out of memory either do to a leak, logs from poling or too much email activity.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
OS 2.1 did not fix this issue BTW -

DROID Does - - lose it's email config....

Barbara1004

Reaction score
$29 plan and Exchange

I've had my Droid X since 7/15, with the $29 data plan. I've also set up a personal pop3 account as well as my corporate Exchange account. I've never had a problem with the pop3, but have had to reinstall the Exchange account 2x, but i'm getting good at it now!

parttimer428

Reaction score
I know this is a thread from the dead but I just did a search. I am on my second Samsung Captivate. My first one was all sorts of hosed. It would lose email config for Exchange once a week, sometimes stop getting text messages, and the GPS never worked. I am on ATT with my phone. I now have a client with a Droid Incredible that has lost email config twice in one week!

jwbryson1

Reaction score
Out of nowhere, some time yesterday morning, my Droid deleted the configuration for all my non-GMail accounts. Around 10:30ET, I selected the email shortcut to check my personal POP3 account, and I was greeted with the e-mail setup wizard, rather than a list of accounts. I power-cycled the phone, but the configuration didn't come back.

I had the exact same thing happen to me but also my Gmail accounts. My desktop link to "email" takes me to the setup wizard but I have not yet reentered all my information for my 3 accounts. WTH? Can anybody tell me how to fix this or what's going on?

Thanks.