Droid spontaenously wipes e-mail configuration

Droidesq

Reaction score
I can report that changing the Droid's settings to only sync 1 week of email does not solve the problem.

I called Verizon tech support today for the third time about this problem. I am on my third Droid. My exchange account information and all email were deleted from my phone twice this week. The Verizon tech guy put me on hold and contacted Motorola. When he came back on, he said Motorola says "it fully supports Microsoft Exchange" as if that should somehow be an answer to my problem. I explained that I had three other Droid users in my office and none of them have the problem.

I then asked him to look at the Motorola and Verizon support forums where people are discussing the problem. After reading them, he said he would open a "master ticket", whatever that means. I hope someone resolves this soon, or I may have to give up on the Droid.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
any fix yet?

I lost my exchange email setup tonight and had to reconfigure. Has Google fixed this yet?

Droidesq

Reaction score
No fix yet. I called Verizon again yesterday. I have lost count on how many times this has happened to me, but it happened three times last week. The Verizon guy put me on hold and called Motorola. He came back on and said it was a known issue and Motorola is working on it. There is no ETA on a fix.

ruinah

Reaction score
should others call Verizon and put in the same ticket I guess? It seems to be a widely known issue, I wish it were going to be fixed in 2.1. No GAL support sort of stinks too. Funny though Gmail is fine.

Mikep

Reaction score
This Thursday my email settings once again spontaneously evaporated. However, that time it wouldn't let me recreate the accounts. I called Verizon and they patched me into Motorola, who said I needed a new phone. They didn't even have me do a hard reset, so that must be the new protocol for folks reporting the problem. I'm supposed to receive a new phone tomorrow.We'll see if that fixes it. Meanwhile the next day, my current phone suddenly allowed me to recreate the accounts!!

Bad enough losing the email accounts, but not being able to recreate them for 24 hours is even worse. Will report on my experience with a new phone. Not optimistic unless this is a random problem with the phones and the new one is a lottery winner.

MADMAN66

Reaction score
Add me to the list.. I have lost corp email no less than three time since Dec. 2 times with a stock config.

This has to be a software bug... a VERY strange one!

CraZZy Eddie

Reaction score
Me Too..

Had the phone for 2 weeks and I've gone through 3 resets of my exchange account. This is very disappointing. I need to know there is a fix coming for this. I have 30 days to return my phone at BestBuy.. and If I dont here something in the next week.. I will have to go get a stupid iPhone, out of necessity.

xamfed

Reaction score
Add me also. I have had phone for 2 weeks, lost exhcange 3 times. :mad: not running ATK

jesneed

Reaction score
I just lost my e-mail setup for my exchange e-mail account as well as my "Bellsouth" account. Unless it came installed on the phone and I don't know about it I don't have Advanced Task Killer. I assume that none of us have gotten any "support" out of Verizon.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Add me to the list as well. I have ATK but in the past i have never had a problem with my email accounts. I did have my call log disappear a couple of times, very strange. I had 2 pop email accounts set up, one of which was my work email with no problems since November. On Tuesday of this week we switched my work email over to exchange. Everything was fine until yesterday morning, hung up a call, went to my email and there was the setup screen. I reset it up last night and it just went away as i was reading these posts. I have had my Droid since day 1. I am amazed that this issue hasn't been addressed!

xchief6

Reaction score
So far, this has actually happened twice to me. I'm actually managing 5 accounts ... 2 Exchange, 2 IMAP, and 1 Pop account. This is also compounded with entering each account multiple times in an attempt to establish a color scheme (another unnecessary iritant), making it easier to identify accounts in the "Combined" accounts view.

All accounts get wiped out. This is a huge hit as it is impacting my job.

As a side note, it does not appear to affect Touchdown email. I downloaded this application in order to get a signature line (yet another irritant with the Motorola phone) ... an unexpected $20 cost that sould be part of the base product.

Seems like I jumped on the Droid band wagon just a bit too early.

PS: This same message is posted on Androidforums.com as well. I hope someone from Motorola is monitoring these things ...

xchief6

Reaction score
OK, it happened again. Finished setting up everything last night, and when I awoke this morning, all the accounts are gone. So this makes twice in as many days. I did call Verizon to report the issue, was escalated to level 2 and got somewhat of a standard Verizon answer, "It's not our problem, call Motorola".

Sadly, I have to contact our own company IT support and advise them to Black-list the Motorola. The primary reason for this phone is the email support.

Motorola - hope you are reading these!

Dawgs

Reaction score
This thread needs to be bumped back up to the top...

:bump:
My droid works fine...so I got the president of my company one.

He has lost email settings 5 times in 3 weeks now. It happens at very bad times. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, who I can call, what I can do?

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::cus::cus::cus:

lhfarm

Reaction score
:bump:
My droid works fine...so I got the president of my company one.

He has lost email settings 5 times in 3 weeks now. It happens at very bad times. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, who I can call, what I can do?

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::cus::cus::cus:
This issue is why I have not recommended a Droid to anyone using Exchange without a warning that this does happen. I've tried here and on other forums to get someone to listen and believe it is a problem. That hasn't worked. I'm beginning to think this sort of issue may be the weak leak in the whole open-source approach. I now refer to it as open-sores.

Not constructive, I know, but a number of us have been trying to find a fix.

Barry

Dawgs

Reaction score
Thanks Barry...do you think a rouge app is causing the issue?

I have had my Droid from day one (Thanksgiving 09) with no issue. This new Droid is 3 weeks old and is causing me more grief than if it were my own.