Droid3 Unlock screen only works once after reboot

nu2droid

Reaction score
The oddest thing just started happening.
The unlock screen will work one time after a reboot.

I put the phone on the charger last night and all was working fine. My granddaughter took it off the charger at 40-50%. The phone wouldnt unlock. I hit the button at the top, the unlock screen comes on and thats it. You cannot slide it down (slide it down.. i was using golocker).
I pulled the battery and restarted the phone. it worked the first time. I turned off the screen again to test it and it wouldnt work. EVERY time I reboot it, I get one unlock before it stops working again.

There was no new software added or update (as far as I know). I removed go locker, nothing, just the same. Restored a backup from over a month ago.. nothing just the same, flashed a new rom.. nothing just the same. I even "sbf'd" back to stock and still the same thing. Reboot, one good unlock the nothing. Could a bad file live through a sbf? I noticed files on the internal memory survived the sbf.

Any help would be great.. This is a replacement phone I got almost a year ago thru the insurance (replaced for broken screen). I still have the insurance but not the $ for another replacement....

Last edited:
OP
nu2droid

nu2droid

Reaction score
Wow. 289 views and not one response.
Any way, was still under Motorola warranty. So had them send a new one. Back in business..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2