Droid going Blank except for Notification bar after Unlocking.

Awluiz

Reaction score
Okay, so i was downloading screen savers, and i downloaded a thumb print one just to check it out, to see how it works, and some other one, with a chick washing your screen, as my friend just did on his droid 2, and i have the motorola droid 1, and i decided i'd check it out if i like it too, and that's it, i downloaded that one, one time, looked like a different girl, so i wanted that one instead, and i downloaded it, it never really worked, so i deleted the app. I went and got the same one my friend had, and i was doing other things, i have lookout, so i figured that would help me out. I was texting, and i pressed the home touch button, and it said something about what would you like to use for home, and it showed the two screen savers, i figured it was asking which screen saver. So i clicked the thumbprint one, and ever since i did that, i can't get access to anything in my phone, it shows the notifications i get, but i can't open anything after i slide to unlock, the normal screen where is says slide to unlock, or switch to silent. After i slide it to unlock, it's black under the notification bar. Does anyone have a solution to this problem, I would really like to get this fixed ASAP. Thank you.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you can get to the market, download "homeswitcher". It sounds like one of the apps you downloaded is running like a launcher or home replacement app. Homeswitcher allows you to choose which home/launcher you want to use. Open the switcher and set to default the launcher that has the android icon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joeybarclay

Reaction score
get in the market, try using the search button and uninstall your home replacement.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Try turning on your phone while holding the menu key on the physical keyboard

Sent from my Droid

jbell

Reaction score
Easy way I have found to fix this problem is tap the home button until voice commands come up. Say "settings" and this make the settings menu appear. Go to applications>manage applications and proceed to deleting the launcher application installed bringing the phone back to stock. From this point the phone will be fixed and should only need the install of whatever Launcher you had.

***way too late btw but for any future reference..