Droid3 and HDMI to TV

cyber3dx

Reaction score
I've been reading in other forums trouble with HDMI>TV on the Droid.

I've not had anything really bad going on with my setup. I have, in fact, been really happy with the resulting output. Been watching several movies ripped with DVDCatalyst setup for the DROID1 and DROID3 screens and the movies have been better than broadcast quality. Pretty close to HD.

Got a nice GTMax 15FT Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable from Amazon for $13.
Amazon.com: GTMax 15FT Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable (Black/Red) & Yellow Stylus for Motorola Droid Bionic Targa XT875, Photon 4G, Droid 3 XT862, Atrix 4G MB860, Droid Bionic XT865, Droid X ; HTC Evo 4G (Free Gift Bluemall Wrist Strap Included): Electroni

The only (I guess there is one problem) thing is I can't get out of HDMI connect mode unless I reboot the Droid. I mean, I'll live with it.

technogeek00

Reaction score
I do this all the time when I rent movies from the market and want to show them on the big-screen. I have never had a problem with the Droid 3 not kicking out of HDMI mode, the only problem is that the Droid 3 sometimes does not want to recognize the TV is there, but this seems to depend on the quality of the cable. Have you just tried plugging the cable back in and switching between the modes in the notification bar alert and then unplugging again?

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Droid 3 + HDMI to TV + SNES9x emulator + Wii Classic Controller via Bluetooth = Awesome! ....give it a shot!

svickstc

Reaction score
I love the hdmi feature on our phone and use it often...

Going to have to try using the wii remote for my emulators awesome idea

technogeek00

Reaction score
Intersting, I will try this and get back to you, unless I get caught up playing that is.

yerp1

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to use this in english please lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
I prefer to pair the ps3 controller. Need root to do it though.

But yea, console emulators + hdmi mirroring = win

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
I prefer to pair the ps3 controller. Need root to do it though.

But yea, console emulators + hdmi mirroring = win

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it with my PS3 controllers. The only reason I use the Wii Classic Controller with the SNES emulator is because it's pretty much exactly like playing Super Nintendo. What app do you use to pair the PS3 controllers?

technogeek00

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to use this in english please lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Which do you want to use the HDMI or the emulator with wiimote?
HDMI just plug the cord in and the phone will pretty much do the rest.

For the emulator, go to the link and either copy the downloaded file to your phone and install using a file manager or use adb install filename.apk
The application should now be installed on your phone. You will need to put roms to play on your phone of course.
From there make sure bluetooth is turned on and open the application, it has its own method to pair the wiimotes for you. Click "Scan for Wiimotes/iCP" and press 1 and 2 at the same time on your wiimote. It should pair them and really it just works, already love this emulator.

Cheers

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
Which do you want to use the HDMI or the emulator with wiimote?
HDMI just plug the cord in and the phone will pretty much do the rest.

For the emulator, go to the link and either copy the downloaded file to your phone and install using a file manager or use adb install filename.apk
The application should now be installed on your phone. You will need to put roms to play on your phone of course.
From there make sure bluetooth is turned on and open the application, it has its own method to pair the wiimotes for you. Click "Scan for Wiimotes/iCP" and press 1 and 2 at the same time on your wiimote. It should pair them and really it just works, already love this emulator.

Cheers

I forgot to mention, if you hit the Zr button on the top of the Wii Classic Controller it will bring up a menu of your roms.... makes it real easy to switch games.