HDMI signal not being received by TV

dwowens

Reaction score
Trying to view videos in gallery on Phillips HD TV. Using Micro HDMI to HDMI on TV with cable. Went through all options in TV menu for devices to connect to the HDMI input the droid x was connected to. Still no signal received by TV. Any ideas what to do next.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Try changing the settings on the Droid as to what signal its outputting. I was demonstrating to my Dad on his TV over Christmas and got nothing like you note. I was going crazy looking at his TV trying to figure it out and then I realized the Droid also has settings!

Settings -> HDMI -> HDMI Format -> Try 720p@60Hz. If that doesn't produce an output the TV can recognize, try another.

That worked for me.

OP
D

dwowens

Reaction score
tiny HDMI icon in corner of phone display

thanks kevinkar for your reply. I had initially set the HDMI phone settings to 760P 60hz. with no sucess. To get the video feed to the TV, I finally saw the tiny HDMI icon in the top left corner of the display on the phone. when I press this icon the phone display goes to a full screen of video control icons and the video displays on the TV.
Now, NO AUDIO, and if the video was recorded with the phone in portrait orientation, it displays sideways on tv. needs to be rotated 90 deg.

anyone know if the video can be rotated to display correctly and how to get audio to TV.

HeathCliff

Reaction score
Got mine to finally work

I finally got it to work. I tried everything -- including buying a 2nd HDMI cable, which also didn't work -- until I changed the HDMI settings on the phone. I went into Settings > HDMI, and switched to 720. I had had it on automatic, which didn't work, and tried all the settings, but 720 worked! I'm rooted, and my current ROM is Darkslide 4.2 Blurless, but I don't think it matters. (Feb 11, 2011)