Droid1 Warranty question.

dumpyloser

Reaction score
has anyone tried to replace their droid through warranty since the droid manufacturing was halted? If so, what do they say? Will they try to give me a lesser phone, or an x, or do they have a stock of refurbs to give out? I don't want to make a warranty claim and get shafted. I COULD pay the 80 bucks or whatever it is through assurion and get the x, but I will miss my hard keyboard for sure.... and I'd rather not have to pay for something that is a hardware issue and covered by warranty, not to mention I broke my storm last sept. and had it replaced through assurion and I don't want to have to use my 2nd claim and lose insurance.

Has anyone done this.... any help would be appreciated.

Obama

Reaction score
Ive had 2 Droid 1's from Asurion within the last month, and both replacements were D1's. Why would they give you an X? Asurion gives refurbs.

Jejackson

Reaction score
I literally got a warranty replacement D1 today. I brought my broken D1 to Verizon on the 4th. They didn't have any in the store but made no mention of being low or out in their warehouse. It could be a regional thing though. I live in southern Arizona.

kmarmet

Reaction score
I got one a couple days ago. But if you plan on getting a replacement you better hurry. They might already be out. If not they will try to replace it with the Moto Devour, Droid Eris or LG Ally

Alm3ga

Reaction score
Something broke in my original Droid and I took it to Verizon last Thursday and they said they didn't have any replacement phones in stock so they had to ship me one through FedEx. I actually just got back from the local FedEx processing plant and I got my replacement phone and it's working great. :) But this was before they announced the droid was out of stock so Idk now.

-Alm

P.s. I compared the keyboards of my original brand new droid and the replacement ones, and the replacement one had a really flat keyboard. I'm not sure how I'm going to like this, but it feels like I can type faster, and the buttons seem easier to push down. I guess I got lucky the first time and got a bumpy keyboard :p

Last edited:

RebelT

Reaction score
Funny....I JUST got off the phone with Verizon. 3G totally stopped working on my DROID. Verizon tech support checked local stores---nothing within 60 miles. Said he would overnight me a DROID 1, no questions asked. I offered to drive to a store within 60 miles to get a DROID X, he laughed and said no.

So, there you have it....as of tonight, there are still DROID 1's to be hd.

alucard9114

Reaction score
guys guys stop trying to get the droid x finish your contract buy the time its up there will be a droid x 2 or an even better droid 3.0 phone. My contract is up in 10\2011
just think what will be out then.

sunpoisoned

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Asurion and they said they have plenty of D1's available and will have them on hand for "awhile". Getting a Droid X as a replacement would be magical but I mainly wanted to make sure they werent going to try to replace my D1 with a BlackBerry Storm :)

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
guys guys stop trying to get the droid x finish your contract buy the time its up there will be a droid x 2 or an even better droid 3.0 phone. My contract is up in 10\2011
just think what will be out then.

Umm, some of us are actually just trying to replace our Droid with another Droid that will function equally well (or better, if the first one was flaking out, like mine did).
Verizon is sending me a "certified like new" Droid. If it really is like new, fine. If it's not, I'm gonna raise h**l.

Syraz

Reaction score
Monday my "New Replacement Phone" will arrive... should have asked what was being sent from Verizon..

Jeepers

Reaction score
Just received my 'replacement' on friday - exactly like the original one - but this one works :D

Keep in mind - for every replacement shipped out - they receive back the same/similar number for refurbishing - so no problemo regarding receiving what you are exchanging for - droid for droid - they will be available for quite a while