Warranty/Insurance Claim on Droid

marmorales

Reaction score
I currently have the Motorola Droid 1. Does anyone know if I have to have it replaced through warranty or insurance claim, if I would be able to get a different model, or would they just give me another Droid 1? Any special way to have them give me a different model?

Thanks.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I currently have the Motorola Droid 1. Does anyone know if I have to have it replaced through warranty or insurance claim, if I would be able to get a different model, or would they just give me another Droid 1? Any special way to have them give me a different model?

Thanks.

Normally they'll give you back the same kind of phone you currently have. Unless...

1. They don't currently have any CLN replacement phones of that kind.

Or...

2. You've had many problems wit that kind of phone, and at that point you can request a different phone.

Good luck

Sent from my ADR6300

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The answer, as always, is call and ask. What you get depends on current stock. Replacements are typically the same model or "similar" (their choice, not yours).

Any special way to have them give me a different model?
Pay for it. Warranty and insurance are not upgrade programs. It's abuse like this that has made them tighten restrictions down on replacements.