Droid X2 sd cards

tvs

Reaction score
I now have a 16 g card but need more room for music. Is the 32g SD card the largest available for the X2 and if so, anything I should know before ordering it?
Does it make any difference if the 32 GB card is class 10,6, 4, etc? Transcend has a class 10.

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yes and get the fastest one you can afford.
If for no other reason, you can brag!

I've got a 32 GB Class 2 and play videos, have hundreds of pictures, but music 800 of my favorite!
One Avi. file of favorite movie. The famous audio flutter doesn't seem to care what class of card you get.
I get flutter with the class 4 that came with it too.

/me shrugging

Last edited:

rbreyes

Reaction score
I now have a 16 g card but need more room for music. Is the 32g SD card the largest available for the X2 and if so, anything I should know before ordering it?

32 gb is the largest microSD out there. Stick with well-known brands, avoid the off-brands even if they claim to be "class 10". You'll pay more for reliability. I went through two off-brand cards that went sour on me and the mfrs refused to take them back. Right now I'm using Transcend and Lexar brand cards, and so far, it's been all good (fingers crossed).

bolski

Reaction score
I have a 32gb Class 10 card in my X2 and it works fine. It was in my Vortex, so I had to copy all the data off, reformat it, and copy all my music back on in order for it to work. Otherwise, it would keep trying to check the card for errors and would never get out of that loop.

If you're starting with a fresh, new card, then you should be fine. I would do this though to be safe:

1. Don't copy any of your data over yet to the new card. Instead, insert it into your X2 first to ensure it works.
  2. After that, hook up your X2 to your computer, go into Mass Storage USB mode and copy everything over that way.
But, a class 10 MSD works just fine.

OP
T

tvs

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. Good suggestion.