sd card from orig. DROID x?

mumfrey

Reaction score
I just got an x2 and wanted to use my 16gb sd card from my first gen x. is this as simple as putting the card in as is? Will it see all music and pics and function properly or do I need to copy off and format sd?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It should be just as simple as your thinking. If your having issues with it after, I would backup your sd card, format it, then drag your backup onto the freshly formatted card.

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks!

boinkman

Reaction score
It should be just as simple as your thinking. If your having issues with it after, I would backup your sd card, format it, then drag your backup onto the freshly formatted card.

Hey! Who's thinking is simple? Heh

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
Well it sees the pics/videos but doesn't see the music. Beat....

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

That's exactly what I had to do, I had so much crap on my old 16 gb card. So I backed up the card reformatted it the phone seems a little faster too. Dumped my music and photos back on and I'm golden.

wyld

Reaction score
Any kind of time frame before an SD card goes bad? I still have the old 16 gig from my Droid 1 and had this Droid x for 11 months now. Lately I've been seeing extra picture folders in my gallery from book reader thumbnails and clock widget numbers showing up that has never seen before?

sent from my not rooted-not liberated-Froyo DroidX :-(

OP
mumfrey

mumfrey

Reaction score
@wyld, possibly too slow of a card? I think that the newer phones need a higher class card to function optimally.

Last edited:

A_Droid

Reaction score
Worked fine for me. Just removed from D1 and installed in X2. Everything is there.