SD Card vs SD Card-ext?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I apologize in advance but I did some searching and could not find anything on this topic.

So I just got my droid x2 Which was an upgrade from the droid x. I am trying to find out what the differences between sd card and sd card ext. It seems as though every time I take a picture it saves a picture on the SD card ext as well is on the sd card... when I had my droid x there is only 1 sd card location so I'm trying to figure out what is the difference between the 2 and why it's copying pictures to both. Also when I connect my p x 2 to the computer it brings up two dialog boxes. 1 for the sd card and 1 for the SD card ext.

When I insert my sd card for the first time I even reformatted it to the droid x 2... I'd someone could give me some clarity I would greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

srvctec

Reaction score
Sdcard is not the phone's memory itself but is a sd card soldered to the phone's board and is non-removable. The sdcard-ext is the removable sd card which you can replace yourself with a card of up to 32GB.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Sdcard is not the phone's memory itself but is a sd card soldered to the phone's board and is non-removable. The sdcard-ext is the removable sd card which you can replace yourself with a card of up to 32GB.

Thank you for the reply!

So do you know why the camera save pictures and thumb nails in both locations?

srvctec

Reaction score
Not sure why or how you'd have the same pics on both cards. The camera should only save to the location you have it set to. Are the pics identical in both locations? Same file name and size?

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Its on the sdcard and in the .thumbnail folder. Yes they are all named the same and are full sized pictures =\

jkihl

Reaction score
Thank you for everyones experiences..but HOW do you keep things separated from the internal sd card to the
EXTERNAL one..when most of the SD card utils only differintiate phone memory or Media Area?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

michael7168

Reaction score
If your phone is rooted than check out Navenrob's sd-card flip flop zip. It will reverse the way your phone thinks of the memory cards making sd-ext the internal card. This is nice when you cannot set an app's file path. The only things I like to keep on the internal card is stuff like roms, mods, and some go-to backups in case my card turns to crap. These flip flop zips are at XDA forums

jkihl

Reaction score
If your phone is rooted than check out Navenrob's sd-card flip flop zip. It will reverse the way your phone thinks of the memory cards making sd-ext the internal card. This is nice when you cannot set an app's file path. The only things I like to keep on the internal card is stuff like roms, mods, and some go-to backups in case my card turns to crap. These flip flop zips are at XDA forums

Thank you for the reply..Their has been much chatter on the motrola support website about a hugh
BUG in the droid 3 or gingerbread in relationship to the how SD cards are being detected by the droids.

Some of the techs at moto feels that the gingerbread update was the culprit..have you
heard anything else in regards to this issue..

VZW has this all over their website also..but of course they are useless in helping..smile

The droid bionics are the first to be fixed on this issue according to the rumor mill..

Once again thank you in advance

skazy

Reaction score

Tankyou i was lookinfor this!!!

Enviado desde mi DROID X2 usando Tapatalk