Droid X2 External SD Card

Ganuke

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about a smartphone I have recently purchased which was actually an overstock item, but is new to me. The smartphone I am referring to is a Motorola Droid X2.

The question I have about this smartphone is wondering if there is any way at all through a tweak, rom, etc. To get apps to install and / or be moved to an inserted SD card ?

I currently have this smartphone rooted and have installed the Eclipse 2.3 rom which does have the flip/flop feature included. But so far I have only found the flip/flop feature to allow seeing the used & free space of an inserted SD card from within the app manager settings window of the Droid X2. I also notice that it changes the name of internal storage to " sdcard-ext " ...... And changes the name of an inserted SD card to " sdcard " when seen in a folder viewer.

However, apps for me are still getting installed to what is the internal storage and Not my inserted SD card. Also, if it matters, I have also installed Rom Toolbox Pro which has an " apps2sd " section. Within that apps2sd section of Rom Toolbox Pro, I tried the different options of " Auto " , " Internal " , and " sd card " ...... But none of those options resulted in my being able to install and / or move apps to my inserted SD card.

So, yep, I again ask is there any way at all on a Droid X2 to have apps installed to and / or moved to an inserted SD card ?

Ganuke

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can also try this app.. or another app similar...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd
and keep in mind that some things like games and widgets don't work very well when moved to the sdcard..
is there a specific reason you want to move apps to the sdcard.. because with the device having 4 gigs of storage for apps.. it takes allot of apps to fill it up.. especially with a rom like eclipse which is pretty well made along with being smaller giving you more storage space over stock

OP
G

Ganuke

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried that and a few other related apps...... But none of them seemed to do the trick of getting the majority size portion of an app installed / moved to my external SD card.

It just seems the Droid X2 is so hard wired to put apps to internal storage that perhaps no app or flip/flop type mod could get apps from thus smartphone to an inserted SD card.

And while I know the 4.35 GB of available internal " SD " space is a nice amount...... i could see thw potential one day of running out of that space given just how large some apps can be in size. That plus the idea of having a micro SD card triple that size now unable to have apps from the Droid X2 placed on it...... Kinda stinks. Lol