Droid X2 Gingerbread Update Available Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidx2-gingerbread-update.jpg

If you have been anxiously awaiting the official Gingerbread 2.3.3 update for you Droid X2 to come, then you will be excited to learn that you are only a few clicks away from having it on your phone now. Simply click the following:Menu>Settings>About phone>System updates.

Now you can sit back and enjoy some "Christmas cookie" goodness on your Droid X2!

Source: Droid-Life

mblair90

Reaction score
hopefully this fixes the annoying music player issues...

krakhedd

Reaction score
I know not a lot of people have received them in the past few days but I got mine today. True test will be tomorrow and the days following, whether I need to restart my phone or not (and with a lot more use of the phone)

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
Great news! No scientific testing here, but the phone seems to run noticeably faster.

R

RETG

Ok, I cannot read, been a long day, never noticed that '2' after the X. :icon_eek: Forget my last post.

Insidious

Reaction score
not bad. not as good as i was expecting

I pulled it last night and its not bad. but its not that blur that ive seen on the droid 3. it doesnt have the revamped widgets and 3D animations ><

Rhino413

Reaction score
The update is okay improves little things but it should really be called a patch
as this is what the x should have shipped with. and we should have been given 2.3.4 and the blur that's on the D3 I'm still holding out that 2.3.4 is heading our way because having the same OS as the X is a slap in the face to the X2

DroidMedic

Reaction score
Got gingerbread yesterday. Faster and some great fixes. Does lack the blur/3D but a good start. Kinda looks like it came our fast to precede the bionic. Overall happy with the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums