Droid X Gets its Gingerbread OTA; Available Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidxgingerbread.jpg

If you were one of the folks that held off on doing the manual install of Gingerbread on your Droid X, because you wanted to wait for the OTA, then your wait is over. Word is that people are getting their Gingerbread update OTA now. Here's a great pic from Engadget showing the Gingerbread man fighting his way to make it onto your Droid X. :)

Source Engadget

rondeau04

Reaction score
home buttons

It is possible to change the main buttons on the bottom
Of the screen to a different style with the gingerbread ota

yearn

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo this morning and went in and checked for update and it found it immediately, I am connected to wifi at my house so the download only took about 5 minutes and the actual install time was also about 5 minutes.
Its running fast and smooth! Soooo much better than Froyo!
Hopefully we'll get it rooted very soon!

Reaction score
this crap is starting to make me mad, haven't been able to download all day, keep getting that stupid "check for update not available"

mding4gold

Reaction score
To change the icons at the bottom of the screen, push and hold the icon for 1-2 seconds. After you let go a list of replacement programs will appear.

stinger161

Reaction score
Seriously though this is awesome, although I won't be getting it until BBC and Gates have their Darkslide GB released. The only update I think I'd take over DS would have to include a real lightsaber app and an app that would allow me to open wormholes.

king_43

Reaction score
bootlooped

My girlfriend did the update this morning only to have her X bootloop with no end. took it to verizon to hope they would do a reset or reload but they are sending her a new phone, any ideas?

jodyberry

Reaction score
Seems a little faster. Mainly just the way things look and how keys react, etc.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is everybody getting a chubby for this update?