Droid X2 Battery life issues

rockscreation16

Reaction score
I'm experiencing some weird issues as of late with my X2.

When I first bought it a few months ago I was able to get almost 2 full days of use out of it before the device would shut down from low battery. I am running off of 100MB of data so I have most every kind of sync and background data disabled. I also try to keep an apps that aren't being used killed.

Within the last few weeks the life of my device has been deteriorating. Now I can't get it to last more than a few hours without shutting down even if i'm not using it. If I play some tunes... Can't even get an hour out of it.

Here's the thing that I was confused by... I can plug the device in and sometimes will show a full charge after only a few minutes. Sometimes it takes hours. At times I can take it off and within a few minutes it's back in the red. Others it will last for a bit on full charge before it starts to discharge.

This kinda made me wonder if the battery tracking was miscalibrated, but it looks like you can't use a calibration app without rooting your device..

Does this seem like it could all be caused by a defective battery or is something else happening here?

PS. What is the most healthy charging habit for a battery like this? I was under the impression it was full charge-discharge.

tkalen

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my X2. Were you able to resolve this issue?