Lots of phone issues...help please.

Flowmini98

Reaction score
Over the last 3 weeks my phone has become hard to use. Here is my list of issues
1. Battery life has gone to hell.After removing from the charger within 15-20 minutes my charge starts to go away...and thats without even using it. But this is not EVERY time, this happens every few charges.
Sometimes I will even remove it from chargin before bed and by the time I wake (5 hours later) its already flashing red and needs to be charged.
2. Phone freezes constantly.Sometimes it will be during a text, sometimes it will be while surfing the web,it happens during just about any function.This problem also only happens sometimes its not everytime i use my phone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before I say it is a hardware issue. Is there an app that you just installed. That may be what is causing the freezing issue. The charging issue could be the battery or the charger itself.

ShowTime

Reaction score
You only sleep 5 hours a night, every night? :icon_eek: If I don't get my solid 9.5 hours in bed, I'm a zombie. :icon_ banana:

And as pilotcharles asked, any new apps you've installed (or even old apps you updated), or widgets you've added or anything around the same time you started having problems?

bomber889

Reaction score
What do you have on your phone/what have you done recently to it? and is it rooted or not?

OP
F

Flowmini98

Reaction score
No new apps have been installed...and I have 2 chargers and it has happened with both. I even thought maybe it was the outlet I was using but I tried multiple ones in my house and same result.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would look at exchanging it or atleast asking vzw to give you another battery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah change out batteries because its not a bad rom (since you are not rooterd) or the charger. knowing vzw they will probably swap the whole thing out just to be sure it isnt the phone.

bomber889

Reaction score
Nevermind about rooting then. How old is the phone? You should probably exchange phone or get another battery or bring it in the store and ask them what's up.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
As far as the battery issue goes, try the reconditioning method detailed elsewhere in the forum but in a nutshell, it involves letting your phone's batter fully discharge two or three times and then fully charging it. I have tried this just for the hell of it but only out of boredom as I have no noticeable battery issues to begin with. It may help you though; if not, indeed, just get a new battery. Not all batteries are made alike. :)

As for the freezing, like the others said, it could be an app you have installed. People say Task Killers are sometimes the culprit, so you may experiment with that. I've been using TasKiller since about the first night I had my Droid and haven't had any problems.

You might trying going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then press the menu key and press Filter and choose All. From here, go into all your applications, noting and becoming familiar with which ones have "Cached" information. Clear any cached information. If that didn't clear your browsing history and whatnot, go into the Browser options and do that as well, then restart the phone if you want.

If you don't have a Task Killer application, that might be your problem as well. I'm no Google or Motorola engineer but common sense tells me they wouldn't have released phones that were incapable of functioning properly without Task Killing applications, else they'd have included them. Nonetheless, you may notice a minor performance improvement with a good one; I recommend "TasKiller free." It'll allow you to kill some running apps in the background that you may not need or be using at the moment.

If nothing works for you I'd obviously suggest taking it to the store to see if it is a manufacturer defect, in which case you would get a replacement.

porterbl1

Reaction score
I was having this same issue with my battery. It would only stay charged for about 4-6 hours total. It drained SO fast, even when it was not being used.

Finally I figured out that it was the antivirus app I had downloaded, I deleted it. Now my battery lasts for days! I would def delete your apps and see what happens.

-Becca

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't use task killers (OS has one). Don't use antivirus (no Android viruses). Don't use anything that runs on startup if you can help it. Don't worry about the stock apps that run in the background. Widgets, reminder apps, home screen replacements--remove extra stuff and your battery charge will last longer.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Don't use task killers (OS has one). Don't use antivirus (no Android viruses). Don't use anything that runs on startup if you can help it. Don't worry about the stock apps that run in the background. Widgets, reminder apps, home screen replacements--remove extra stuff and your battery charge will last longer.

If the OS has a built-in Task Killer, please let me know where it's hiding and why it lets things such as Bluetooth, Camera, Music, etc... fire up in the background when I didn't even open them, and why it doesn't see the Browser and any previously run applications and games as worthy of being killed when they are taking up a majority of the phone's memory.