Droid X wont vibrate for texts

Scott B

Reaction score
I have checked all the boxes under messaging and ringtones but the damn thing wont vibrate for texts. if i have the volume turned up real loud the speaker makes it feel like its vibrating but that doesnt help me when im trying to keep the noise to a minimum. Thanks for any help in advanced!

Also, it does vibrate for calls, just not texts!

OP
Scott B

Scott B

Reaction score
Got it resolved! Turns out to be a programing issue with the default text messaging app thats preloaded on the phone. Handcent(which is recomended by verizon and Motorola????) works and is actually better......What I dont understand is that the phone is made by Motorola and sold by Verizon, but they both suggest a text app thats not not the default one?!?!?!? Any one else see whats wrong with this picture? lol

Either way the issue is resolved now.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What I dont understand is that the phone is made by Motorola and sold by Verizon, but they both suggest a text app thats not not the default one?!?!?!? Any one else see whats wrong with this picture? lol

Either way the issue is resolved now.

Same goes for Corporate Email....Touchdown was given away for free to X users by Moto.

cbesto

Reaction score
text app

Scott I have the same issue except I want to change the text sound from DROID to a sound. I can change the notification sound from DROID but not the sound for the incoming text. Please tell me what you did to fix this.
Thanks

OP
Scott B

Scott B

Reaction score
Once you have your sound saved as a notification, you have to open your text messages to the inbox screen. Next clike on your menu button and go to settings. Next click on notifications settings. You will find the ringtone select in there. Thts the way it is on my droid x anyways. Let me know if that works or not because I may have another idea for you. My biggest problem with these phones is how they tend to hide menu items.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cbesto

Reaction score
Thanks. That worked. This website is the best for Droid users

OP
Scott B

Scott B

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, I have always found the answers I was looking for on this site!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

benr3600

Reaction score
Nice. I was beginning to think I was an idiot for not knowing how to set texts to just vibrate. Will try this :)

Reaction score
And I have the opposite problem, how do I turn the vibrate OFF of the stock text messaging app?? My Droid RAZR vibrates AND plays the my notification sound when I get a text message! I really just want the sound with no vibration, I've searched high and low and can't find a way to make it stop! Please, make it stop! LOL Christine, the Cowgirl From Hanna

OP
Scott B

Scott B

Reaction score
And I have the opposite problem, how do I turn the vibrate OFF of the stock text messaging app?? My Droid RAZR vibrates AND plays the my notification sound when I get a text message! I really just want the sound with no vibration, I've searched high and low and can't find a way to make it stop! Please, make it stop! LOL Christine, the Cowgirl From Hanna

Sure, open the text app and hit your menu button on your phone. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and remove the check from the box that says vibrate. If that doesn't fix it pm me and ill help you try to resolve it!

Reaction score
WOW! you made it so simple...there it was, a menu of things I have never seen before and at the bottom, the option to vibrate with notification! removed the check mark in that box FAST!

I didn't realize that I could use the menu button while in an app, so as you can see, I have a lot to learn about this phone!

Thank you very much! :) Christine, the Cowgirl from Hanna

OP
Scott B

Scott B

Reaction score
I'm always willing to help a fellow android user! Glad to hear you problem is solved!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums