Vibration notifications?

T

TheAlpha1550

Hey everybody. I'm having a problem with my vibrating notification. When somebody calls me, it vibrates, but not when I receive a text message. I even when to the Verizon store, and when they thought they fixed it, they didn't. And yes, the vibration is on "always" in my sound notifications settings, and the box is checked under "vibration" under the text messaging settings. Please help, thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its a known issue. The vibration on some razrs and maxx's will fade in and out. I have know idea why. A reboot usually fixes it. Other than that... idk. Sorry:)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

No, it doesn't vibrate AT ALL for text messages, but it does when I receive a phone call.

bibs.kin

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Samsung Droid Charge. I have found this same problem on many websites, but I have yet to find someone with a solution.

With that being said, I have a theory that may have worked for me and would like to see if someone else can try it with success.

I went into the message settings and made sure that the Vibrate setting was checked. But I then went into the select ringtone setting and chose a ringtone other than the default ringtone. My theory is that when the ringtone is set to the default ringtone then the SMS program just sends the notification to the system to be handled. However, if the system sound is turned off then the system just knows to vibrate for calls... everything else it ignores. But if you set the SMS ringtone to a unique ringtone then if the system sound is turned off then the SMS program knows to vibrate when it receives a text.

This is working when I send myself a text, but it really needs further testing. Please reply if it works!! :)

OP
T

TheAlpha1550

bibs.kin said:
I have the same problem with my Samsung Droid Charge. I have found this same problem on many websites, but I have yet to find someone with a solution.

With that being said, I have a theory that may have worked for me and would like to see if someone else can try it with success.

I went into the message settings and made sure that the Vibrate setting was checked. But I then went into the select ringtone setting and chose a ringtone other than the default ringtone. My theory is that when the ringtone is set to the default ringtone then the SMS program just sends the notification to the system to be handled. However, if the system sound is turned off then the system just knows to vibrate for calls... everything else it ignores. But if you set the SMS ringtone to a unique ringtone then if the system sound is turned off then the SMS program knows to vibrate when it receives a text.

This is working when I send myself a text, but it really needs further testing. Please reply if it works!! :)

No, I actually downloaded Handcent SMS and used it as my default text messaging app. I used it for about half a day, and my razr vibrated whenever I got a text message. So I took it off as default, so I received stock text message and Hand cent text message, with both notifications vibrating. Then after a while, I un-installed Handcent and my vibration world again.

altjx

Reaction score
No, I actually downloaded Handcent SMS and used it as my default text messaging app. I used it for about half a day, and my razr vibrated whenever I got a text message. So I took it off as default, so I received stock text message and Hand cent text message, with both notifications vibrating. Then after a while, I un-installed Handcent and my vibration world again.

Anyone get this issue working? I've verified that "Vibrate" is selected in the Messaging apps's settings, and it is still not vibrating. Like the TS stated, it's vibrating for everything BUT text messages. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I believe we're facing the same issue here. Someone, help, please, and thank you D: