DROID X with FroYo 2.2 will be rootable

NoKz

Reaction score
I was able to do get my GF's DX loaded with a rooted 2.2 But it took a while. I had rooted it and downloaded the 2.2 Froyo leak w/root through RM. However, it would not install. Kept failing. So in order to get it to work, I had to do the following:

1.) SBF Recover
2.) Install ROM Manager & DL 2.2 Rooted Rom
3.) Move the ROM from the CWM folder to the root of the SDcard and name 'update.zip'
4.) Rooted the phone using the Windows Program.
5.) Use Bootstrap recovery and reboot into recovery.
6.) Install update.zip
7.) Reboot

After that, I had a rooted 2.2 version loaded and my GF is in love with it. Once the bootloader gets cracked, I might retire my D1. Until then, D1 is still the King.

rcjames

Reaction score
I was able to do get my GF's DX loaded with a rooted 2.2 But it took a while. I had rooted it and downloaded the 2.2 Froyo leak w/root through RM. However, it would not install. Kept failing. So in order to get it to work, I had to do the following:

1.) SBF Recover
2.) Install ROM Manager & DL 2.2 Rooted Rom
3.) Move the ROM from the CWM folder to the root of the SDcard and name 'update.zip'
4.) Rooted the phone using the Windows Program.
5.) Use Bootstrap recovery and reboot into recovery.
6.) Install update.zip
7.) Reboot

After that, I had a rooted 2.2 version loaded and my GF is in love with it. Once the bootloader gets cracked, I might retire my D1. Until then, D1 is still the King.

D1 king? LOL Not king of good specs like droid x. But aye atleast you can modified more on d1.