Root seems so complicated...

Slapper

Reaction score
I'm reading all that i can about rooting my DX 2.2 and it seems so complicated. Is there an easy tutoiral about rooting? From what I have read, I do not want to do that "easy root." Any links would help and even YouTube vids would be better so i can see how to do it.

Edit: I just found How to root Droid X using Birdman's method on youtube

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slapper, do yourself a favor and just google that question. There are lots of videos with different ways to root. That way you can pick the method you want to try.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slapper, have you check out the Droid 2 hacking section (click the Forum tab above)?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why do i feel like people don't read other posts? Read the Droid 2 method thread. It can't get any easier. Install Android SDK, unzip a few files into the tools folder and run a .bat file. The rest is automated.

xliderider

Reaction score
Why do i feel like people don't read other posts? Read the Droid 2 method thread. It can't get any easier. Install Android SDK, unzip a few files into the tools folder and run a .bat file. The rest is automated.

Yes, I used the Droid 2 method from xda and it took about 5 minutes from start to end. Worked the first time with no problems whatsoever. Now just waiting for the unroot script to be posted. :)