Droid X Vs HTC Thunderbolt

Boaty1302

Reaction score
Can someone very simply tell me which is better for an average user. Droid X or the Thunderbolt. I have had the X since February and have been given a HTC thunderbolt by a rich guy who could not figure it out. Do I keep my Droid X running Gingerbread or go with the Thunderbolt running 2.2.1? I know I can update to 2.3, but I was mainly curious.

Boaty1302

googlelover

Reaction score
not going into a lot of specifics the thunderbolt has a faster processor and more ram, but if you use 4g it has horrible battery life (just what I heard not that i've tested it myself) if you dont have 4g you can turn off the radio and get great battery life. Its up to you but the thunderbolt would be better in my opinion

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had the droid x. If you're going to root it definitely get the thunderbolt.

If you don't care about speed and all that stuff keep the x.

The main problem on this phone is having it last a whole day

Snow02

Reaction score
Thunderbolt. All the way. Load a recent leak or a new rom. I'm really liking the latest uber bamf.

kookk

Reaction score
Bolt for sure. Root, rom and you're golden. I get 15-20 hours battery every day

Sent from my cyanobolt

VolDroid

Reaction score
I have the T-Bolt and my wife has the X. The Bolt has a better screen, is faster and if you root it and put a good ROM on it it will last a whole day. The battery life is my only complaint. IF you live an area with 4g then you won't want to use the X again. The 4g speed is great.

travisn000

Reaction score
I love my DX, but if someone gave me a T-bolt i would switch in a heartbeat! ..the tbolt allows for simultaneous voice and data use, even with only 3G coverage.. this means you can have someone on speaker or bluetooth phone call and still browse the web for a movie show time, use google maps / latitude, send emails, etc without having to end your phone call (something att & tmobile have had for a long time :/ )