Droid X vs Archos 5 tablet with Android

nanllyn

Reaction score
I didn't see this in a search so I thought I would start this thread
How does the Moto Droid X match up to the Archos 5 running Android? I've got the Droid and the Archos 5. But bought the Archos mainly as a mp3 player and book reader. My Droid is a great mp3 player but every time it is in my pocket the slider moves and I have to get it out slide the lock and hit play again. Very annoying. Also you get all the notices, such as emails, texts, calendar reminders, etc making thier alarms through the songs. This is why I searched out Archos as a media player. But it really isn't pocketable. You can but it is large. The Droid X is larger then Droid (4.3 vs 3.7) but still a little smaller than Archos 5".
I've done so much research for the last 2 weeks, I'm going silly trying to remember everything and what's what. So has anyone checked both these out and think they are pretty much the same thing only a little smaller screen?
Just curious as I'm leaning towards returning Archos and going with Droid X. Hopefully at some time they will make an app that will shut off everything but phone calls while music player is playing.
Thanks for your input.
Nancy

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score
well, my .02 on the archos 5... great item, I have one. but it does lack in a few areas and is better than any phone device when it comes to reading or media. even with 2.2 and flash, my phone skips on movie trailers in SD... playing the same ones on my archos and they can't get any smoother... IMO...

to solve your issue with playing music and killing all your alerts on the phone... I'd suggest PhoneWeaver...

Software for Android: PhoneWeaver

their new version includes a trigger when you have plug-in headphones. I've been considering this app myself, for times when I want my phone to be smarter than I am about certain profiles.

hope this helps, good luck.