Archos portable movie player

M

Matth3w

Just FYI, many people don't even know these exist, and the newer runs the Android platform.

I personally don't have the one with the Android system because I only use it to watch movies when I travel (I am usually gone 3 weeks out of the month). The battery realistically lasts about 5-7 hours, the screens look awesome, and they have WiFi, flash support, etc etc. Basically everything the iMaxiPad doesn't. And they are much cheaper. I got my non-Android 250GB player refurbished for 200 bucks from Archos and it works amazing.

ARCHOS

Reaction score
Oh snap. I have a 250g Archos as well. Works like a charm, with few bugs. I heard the Android one is a big improvement.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, many people don't even know these exist, and the newer runs the Android platform.

I personally don't have the one with the Android system because I only use it to watch movies when I travel (I am usually gone 3 weeks out of the month). The battery realistically lasts about 5-7 hours, the screens look awesome, and they have WiFi, flash support, etc etc. Basically everything the iMaxiPad doesn't. And they are much cheaper. I got my non-Android 250GB player refurbished for 200 bucks from Archos and it works amazing.

ARCHOS
are you able to get wifi from the DROID to your archos player I have the Archos 5 internet tablet with android platform any help appreciated

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just bought a Archos 7 for the wife. She loves it.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also for those who care the cords for droid plug right into the archos 5 internet tablet so less chargers to buy... just fyi in case you care can not say for the regular archos 5 or 7

Reaction score
also for those who care the cords for droid plug right into the archos 5 internet tablet so less chargers to buy... just fyi in case you care can not say for the regular archos 5 or 7

When you mean the cords for the droid do you mean the usb cord? If so, how did you plug it into the Archos, they have a unique slot...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When you mean the cords for the droid do you mean the usb cord? If so, how did you plug it into the Archos, they have a unique slot...

yes the usb cord. the end that fits the droid also fits the archos 5

Reaction score

yes the usb cord. the end that fits the droid also fits the archos 5

I just double checked the Archos and I did not see a micro USB slot. What are you talking about?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reaction score