Droid X Update Failed!

Optik

Reaction score
I've seen other threads on here regarding a similar issue, but nothing that describes the exact situation I'm in. For the past month I've been getting periodic reminders to update to version 4.5.602.en.US (currently I am running system version 4.5.596.MB810.Verizon.en.US) Every time I attempt to update, the phone restarts, it goes to a picture of the little android mascot with a loading bar below him, it fills up just shy of half way before an exclamation mark appears and then continues to boot. When it's booted up, it then tells me that the update has failed.

In my research here I've found that most people running into this issue have rooted their device. I have not. Originally I had thought that perhaps it was some of the games, as they were behaving oddly anyway, so I uninstalled them and then attempted to redo the update but the same thing happened. I've seen a lot of discussion of various acronyms that I don't quite understand and the suggestion to downgrade to an older version of the droid OS that the poster says they have. I don't quite understand why you would have to downgrade in order to upgrade since I've only been using the stock software to begin with.

My question is-- How do I fix this? Is there any way to get any error reporting log on my droid so that I can actually see WHY the update keeps failing? Must I install OTA or can I download and install via a manager on my PC?

Your thoughts and help are most welcome, and I apologize if this scenario has already been solved via another thread.

OP
O

Optik

Reaction score
Bump!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
O

Optik

Reaction score
FINALLY got around to backing up all my stuff and then doing the factory reset. All that work and still tells me update failed. What could possibly prevent the update from working straight after a factory reset? I didn't even put my sdhc card back in to make sure it was absolutely in stock condition.

Thanks,

Optik

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure there's a Droid X Ginger Bread SBF, so you can always just flash the update yourself.

Also, there was a a DX update that was removed because it caused issues IIRC, so it may just be a glitch showing that.

OP
O

Optik

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help. I took missionimprobables advice and was able to sbf to .602 and after that I was able to ota to .605. Talk about a headache...

Thanks again all :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums