os update installation failed.

wanderer93

Reaction score
I'm new to droids. I have a motorola pro that I rooted early to uninstall apps I didn't want. I am not sure that is the problem. I now get an update notification every couple of days that wants to update the OS. It downloads forever and attempts installing and then reboots and fails. I spent an hour and a half with verizon tech support and factory reset my phone. The update still failed to install although I have the upgraded OS version I think. 2.26.2.xt610.verizon.en.us. Can anyone either tell me how to get the update to not fail or to quit getting the update now notification? The current OS I have seems to work much better than the one it came with. It's Annoying to have my phone shut down for 10 minutes every couple of days and still fail at what it's doing.
Thanks

Everyone wanders but where we go makes us who we are.

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
The update looks for all those installed apps to be on there when it starts updating. You're gonna have to reinstall those apps or just ignore the update. I'm not to sure how to hide the update tho. Good luck

Swype'n and typin from the X

OP
wanderer93

wanderer93

Reaction score
Why didn't the factory reset fix that?

The Verizon Tech told me the factory reset would probably restore the apps I took off but it didn't. There has to be a way around it to do the update. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks :blackdroid:

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
The Verizon Tech told me the factory reset would probably restore the apps I took off but it didn't. There has to be a way around it to do the update. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks :blackdroid:

seems like everytime i go into a verizon store im always the one educating the associates on the technology and the phones as well..i asked a girl from vzw if they ever planned on unlocking the DX bootloader and she said "wtf is a bootloader and a DX??" smh