disable service fail

event

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
kyocera event
android 4.0.4. used poot to root, root checker to verify rooting. su version 3.0.3.2. superuser 3.1.3. when i try to use disable service i get "faild, need root access or maybe you can try to update your su binary" and "disable service has been granted superuser permissions". this is confirmed by running superuser. attempts to check for updated su via superuser fail.

i am tired of manually zapping all the crap services that launch every time the phone is booted or WIFIed. any suggestions?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Can't you use an app like titanium bu or anything similar to just disable them? Careful though.

Sent from my XT1060

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yeah, be VERY careful or you could end up with big problems. Your safest route is to just ignore them. TB will let you freeze them which allows you to unfreeze them if their absence causes problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

event

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
kyocera event
"disable service" app allows re-enabling. if i could get it to work. i may try titanium pro. if that doesn't work then at least i'll know it's a problem with su.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This Sounds to me like a problem with the Superuser app!! How did you install the APP??? Was it from recovery or from the Google play store?? And also, what recovery / device are you using??

OP
E

event

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
kyocera event
kyocera event. installed via Google play store. titanium pro does what i want so i quit trying to figure out why disable service doesn't.