thunderbolt should be rooted, but not acting like it

Eplafferty

Reaction score
So I went and did revolutionary to get s-off, flashed su, clockwork mod, then updated both su and binaries. After all that I assumed my tbolt would be rooted right? Reason I ask is because it seems that none of my apps (like titanium backup, wireless tether, etc) are gaining access to root and every time I try to allow permissions and remember, superuser force closes and those mentioned apps don't work. Is my phone truly rooted? Did I foul up on a step? Or is it a problem with superuser? Any ideas?

Btw i'm running froyo with 1.70.605.0

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Download Root Checker from the market and check. Try Updating SU as its been having some bugs worked out.

OP
E

Eplafferty

Reaction score
Download Root Checker from the market and check. Try Updating SU as its been having some bugs worked out.

Thanks for the app recommendation! It was showing that I wasn't really rooted so I just went back and rerooted. I do have one last thing to ask. When I rerooted, it was downgraded to soft.# 1.12.605.6. Is there a way to upgrade back to my original 1.70.605.0 and still keep my root? I have no experience with adb so please try to keep it simple with a plug and click program. Thanks in advance!!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well since you're rooted now, upgrade to gingerbread, don't stay on froyo. I use DAS BAMF forever 1.0.7 with the stock kernel and latest radio.

OP
E

Eplafferty

Reaction score
Well since you're rooted now, upgrade to gingerbread, don't stay on froyo. I use DAS BAMF forever 1.0.7 with the stock kernel and latest radio.

No offense but if I wanted GB, I would've asked. With the voicemail notifications and other bugs i'm gonna stay away until they fix it. I'm not looking for a custom ROM just yet either, I want 1.70.605.0

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure then. I didn't notice a froyo system change when I rooted.