Working Superuser App for Thunderbolt Posted at XDA

USCChem

Reaction score
Hey guys, like many of you, I've rooted my HTC Thunderbolt. (Before I'd even had it for 24 hours, haha. Whatever, I need my custom fonts and Titanium Backup...)

As I know was the case for me and many of you, the Superuser app was disturbingly wonky — well, no more, as rmk40 on XDA has posted his modification of the Superuser app that smooths everything out. No more FCs — it has been working for me flawlessly. (It was due to the fact that his binary was being provided with the rooted ROMs without the matching app.)

Check it out on XDA, he explains it.
XDA - Working Superuser for TB Sense

Last edited:

opiekelly

Reaction score
Titanium Backup does not work

I updated superuser on my rooted TB and Titanium Backup still says root access failed. I followed the manual V2 root method on androidpolice. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Brendan

opiekelly

Reaction score
It was busybox. Which I thought was there from the v2 rooting procedure. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

robdec17

Reaction score
Hey guys, like many of you, I've rooted my HTC Thunderbolt. (Before I'd even had it for 24 hours, haha. Whatever, I need my custom fonts and Titanium Backup...)

As I know was the case for me and many of you, the Superuser app was disturbingly wonky — well, no more, as rmk40 on XDA has posted his modification of the Superuser app that smooths everything out. No more FCs — it has been working for me flawlessly. (It was due to the fact that his binary was being provided with the rooted ROMs without the matching app.)

Check it out on XDA, he explains it.
XDA - Working Superuser for TB Sense

OK I rooted two days ago and now I see this. Whats the process for applying this patch?I have the zip file downloaded. Rookie dummy steps please

mark3748

Reaction score
you can install it from either ROM manager or CWR,

For ROM manager, put it on your sd-card, select install rom from SD Card, choose the zip on your card.

It will reboot to recovery, install it and reboot back up into android.

For CWR you can tell ROM Manager to reboot to recovery, go to install from SD, select the right zip and follow the on-screen prompts. When it's done tell it to reboot and you're done.