Droid X successfully overclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijackerjack

Reaction score
soo.. just wonderin... are we gonna be able to get OC'ing capabilities on froyo? or not? ive gotten really bored of my Droid X and im thinking about putting it away and using my Droid 1 again.

eacosta4207

Reaction score
Can't overclock

I think I followed the instructions correctly but when I try to overclock, I get

"insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/overclock.ko': invalid module format"

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help!!!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I followed the instructions correctly but when I try to overclock, I get

"insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/overclock.ko': invalid module format"

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help!!!
This is for Droid X running Android 2.1 not 2.2.....this is an outdated thread and should prob be ignored until the OP is updated with new instructions or another thread starts for OC'ing 2.2.....hope that helps

eacosta4207

Reaction score
@ Tapout,,,Wow, that was a tremendous help! Hopefully the 2.2 overclock process shows up soon! Thank you!

mirage

Reaction score
Milestone Overclock 1.4.3 beta2

Please try this beta version. It is based on a fix by kabaldan but done "correctly" now that we have source code. However, I'm not sure the module will be compatible with the kernel.

Note also that this fix should correct the vsel problem that many had in android 2.1. The previous module/app simply wasn't setting vsel at all, as many of you suspected. Let's hope this version takes care of it.

You can also follow the issue at the project site:
http://code.google.com/p/milestone-overclock/issues/detail?id=36#c14

Status
Not open for further replies.