Voltages/Droid Overclock

Reaction score
I started using Droid Overclock, and I was looking at the voltage settings. And im not quite sure which one is a good one to pick. I've only messed with voltages when overclocking my ram on PC and so im unfamiliar with how it works on Phones. Right now I have it set to high with a max cpu freq of 1.35ghz. Is that gonna be ok for my phone. Im not sure what the difference between the voltages are

Sent from my Droid X, powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1, WORD!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Low voltage is lower than stock, medium is stock, high is higher than stock.

To me it seems that overclocking is already taking the CPU above its means so over clocking at high voltage would be worse.
I only use medium and low. At 1.3 with medium voltage mine tends to run hot, so I use low voltage at 1.3.
I tried high once and my X started to be unresponsive.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I've had my set to high voltage @ 1.35ghz for about 8hours now with it set to use the interactive governor, and I've had no problems yet. My phone hasn't gone over 102degrees F. And its pretty damn fast. So I guess I will have to see if any issues occur and if so I will prolly drop it to medium volts.

Sent from my Droid X, powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1, WORD!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
The dumbest stuff just happened. I disabled Droid OC, and tried out the QuickClock Rubix Edition app that came with my Rubix Focused 2.0.1 ROM.but apparently i didnt properly disable Droid OC so it still had my voltage set to high, and the CPU @ 1.35Ghz. But on quickclock, I ran a calibrate test and in the middle of it my phone rebooted and it was like stuck at the moto logo for 20min til I finally pulled the battery, then it went to recovery so i just hit reboot system now and after doing that it finally booted into android, but it took like 15min. Well once i was back to my homescreen everything started lagging like crazy, just to scroll over to the next page on my homescreen it took like 2min. It took forever to open any apps, it was just lagging worse then ive ever seen. So i shutdown the phone and restarted and again it froze at the moto logo so i had to pullbthe battery and do the same thing at the boot recovery screen. Then again once i was at my homescreen eveything was lagging ridiculously bad. Oh and when i tried to unlock my phone, my phone started vibrating for a couple minutes straight and the screen was stuck in one place. So finally after rebooting several times with no change, i had to flash back to my nandroid backup of my Stock ROM. So friggin annoying. Now I'm not 100% sure it was the QuickClock and me overclocking my cpu and the voltage, but that was the last thing i was doing when it happened and i dont see what else could of caused it, cause before that, Rubix was running amazing, i loved, especially after installing the watermark theme. it was nice, but anyways, i aparrently turned my voltage up to high and havin droid OC still enabled so it too was turning my voltage up and my CPU freq set @ 1.35Ghz, and they two messed each other up and in turn messed my phone and rom up, thst is what I'm thinkig happened, and it messed the ROM up. What do you guys think?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Edit - i didnt mean to post a blank reply, i was just trying to edit my last post lol. Sorry, hit the wrong button, still getting used to a touchscreen only phone. I'm used the using the slide out keyboard on my D2G. So just ignore this. sorry

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited: