droid X stuck on the "eye"? Please help ASAP

jmalone376

Reaction score
I was using my Droid X just as i normally do, i wanted a new background, so i opened up Zedge, found a new background, downloaded it and went to go change it, but for some reason, it took a very long time for it to change, so i hit the lock button to shut off the screen thinking it would load faster that way, but when i went to hit the lock button again, nothing but a black background came up, apps were still there, but the touch screen didnt work, so i waited 5 more minutes, and tried it again but same thing happened, so i took out the battery and went to turn it on and its stuck on the eye, has been since about 11 PM last night, eventually the screen will go black, ill wait a few hours, plug in the charger and the screen will turn on with the eye still loading, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this/ get it stuck out of the loop? please and thank you

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn the phone off. Hold the home and power button til you see an Android. Press the search button if you are on Froyo or the 2 volume buttons if you are on Gingerbread. The recovery menu will come up. Select factory data reset using the volume keys and the camera button to press ok. Also wipe cache. Then select reboot and you are done.

CM74DX

OP
J

jmalone376

Reaction score
now this is probably a stupid question, will doing that make me loose all my apps and contacts and pictures?

himura

Reaction score
Hellow.....
.how are you today guys...

Sent from my GT-S5570 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will erase everything except your SD Card, which is where your pics are. Your apps will redownload from the market.

CM74DX