Droid X still not that bad

en28so

Reaction score
I was do for an upgrade, tried the nexus (didn't like it due to reception), and I think from a Droid X to a Nexus didn't feel like an amazing upgrade. I instantly missed the great reception from my DROIDX, and the tiered data plan soured the deal even more. Now I am back to my old phone, but lost unlimited data and the $35 conection charge. Yup, I got shafted by evil big greedy red! Adios to these bastards after December!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I've not upgraded for the same reasons. Maybe I should have paid the higher price for a Razr Maxx and got in around June(?) while the old VZW plan was still available.
But I use my generic WiFi-only ICS 4.0.3 rooted tablet for many things these days, so having the latest on my phone is not as important as it once was.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be able to go back to the exact plan and features you were on before the upgrade.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
You should be able to go back to the exact plan and features you were on before the upgrade.

Yes you are right. I called Verizon and was told that I can go back to unlimited 3G on my next billing cycle.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Wish I had kept my X. I can't even use LTE on the Nexus due to constant... and I mean constant data drops.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Wish I had kept my X. I can't even use LTE on the Nexus due to constant... and I mean constant data drops.

That's another reason I went back to the droid x. When I had the nexus, I would get stuck on 3G at work(where I use my phone the most). So what's the point of getting LTE if I can't even use it? Not to mention that I would be losing my unlimited data also. It just didn't make sense to me to keep the nexus. I don't even miss it.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
That's what I've been chuckling about when people get LTE phones. I think there's but 1 tower in Omaha for this (not sure if I'm in that area at home or not). Not to mention, why do I even need to upgrade when I can just use this phone with it's great battery, MUCH of the same features as newer smartphones, and ability to root and overclock if I feel like I'm behind the times??

Colorado

Reaction score
I got a new razr maxx 3 months ago so i could keep my unlimited plan and i have yet to switch from my dx. Can't bring myself to do it yet. I will switch sometime in the near future but I'm not ready to part with my dx yet.

leftspin

Reaction score
Colorado said:
I got a new razr maxx 3 months ago so i could keep my unlimited plan and i have yet to switch from my dx. Can't bring myself to do it yet. I will switch sometime in the near future but I'm not ready to part with my dx yet.

It's definitely worth it IMO. I love my Maxx, not that the X wasn't great but it's definitely a huge upgrade

leftspin

Reaction score
I loved my Max before ICS, after ICS it is a very love hate relationship....

What didn't you like about ICS? You could always try a custom ROM if you didn't like the stock ICS experience, personally I hated Blur ICS but with CM9 I love it

Natey2

Reaction score

How did you get a Maxx and keep using your DX? Don't they deactivate the DX when they activate the Maxx?

leftspin

Reaction score
How did you get a Maxx and keep using your DX? Don't they deactivate the DX when they activate the Maxx?

Before I sold my DX I switched back and forth between the Maxx and the DX a couple times while I was flashing the Maxx, IIRC I had to get a new LTE SIM card both times though