Droid X or Droid Bionic ?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can any phone do more than my Rooted D1? If not then I wait. I don't care about 4g since I'm on WI-FI all the time. I don't want a keyboard. Don't care about the front camera.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too sure about the 4G plans being the same price. With Sprint and T-mobile I believe they charge an additional 10 or so dollars for 4G phones regardless of availability. I would suspect Verizon doing the same thing here and probably charge more. They are becoming a powerhouse with the ability to charge whatever they want. Why not charge more even if you can't use it yet. I'll be sticking with my X for quite some time.

Beka27

Reaction score
Also, that reps info is already outdated... They are getting rid of the $15: 150 mb plan. So I guess I wouldn't put much stock in anything she said... Lol.

(from Beka's DX)

interesting. has there been a recent announcement to this effect or is this still rumor? perhaps one could opt in for $15 and then get grandfathered in, lol :D I wonder if one could survive with an X with only 150MB of data!

Yes, there is a thread on the new data plan pricing in the Droid News subforum. It was posted maybe 3-4 days ago? I think I saw a post about it on Droid Life also.

It is possible to make it with only 150 mb... But you have to almost always use your wifi, and when not around wifi, watch your usage closely.

I think they are dropping the lesser plan because so many people know that they can use wifi almost exclusively so they switched, and verizon would rather keep them at a higher plan.

(from Beka's DX)

imp3r10

Reaction score
I am due now for my upgrade with Verizon. I am very impatient and want a new phone now. The Droid X looks nice, but the Droid Bionic looks ridiculous. My question is, should I fold and get the decent-looking X now or endure the long painful wait (no official word, but I've heard April and even later than that!?!) 'til the Bionic launches?

Really the only other thing that could affect my decision is Verizon's data plans.....I'm sure they will cap them eventually and I really would like to upgrade before they do so I can get grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.

So, thoughts? Surely somebody has thought of something that I have not.....

So I was in the same boat man and I caved! I'm glad I did though because this DX is amazing! I looked at the videos of how fast the Bionic was running and it just didn't look like a big performance gap. I'm also not a gamer on my phone so that didn't play a part in my decision. Also its going to be a while until I have 4G in Albuquerque NM so I really wouldn't benefit from a 4G device right away. If the Bionic ends up being that much better I will just bite the bullet I guess and buy one, but this DX halls ass I got alot going on with this device.

Wolfpack - What all can/do you do with your Droid X? Also, I'm now considering the HTC Thunderbolt, as it seems that is going to launch sooner than the Bionic... Another question I have is whether Verizon will make you get a 4g data plan if you get a 4g phone even if you don't have 4g service in your area (which I don't now, and probably won't for a while). How long have you had the Droid X and what would you say are the biggest drawbacks/disappointments you've noticed with the X so far?

So maybe for me, it really comes down to the Droid X vs. HTC Thunderbolt instead of X vs. Bionic.......

you need to consider how much you wanna spend with 4G. The data plans, i've heard, are suppose to be expensive. also 4G isn't going to be available in all areas(both reasons of why i didnt choose to wait for 4g)

my Droid X is in the mail and can't wait to have it. I have messed with my friends and it has a lot of potential.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Do u want to pay $200 over the life of your phone for LTE service that u may not use?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna go with both on this one. DX and Bionic Duo. I'll give the 4guilty a shot :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

OP
F

flooritnfly

Reaction score
Do u want to pay $200 over the life of your phone for LTE service that u may not use?

No. I'm perfectly content with an unlimited 3g data plan, the speeds aren't bad plus there is always wi-fi which is everywhere these days..

My NUMBER ONE QUESTION for Verizon right now is if you have to get a 4g data plan just because you purchase a 4g phone...

If yes.... Then I will probably go buy a Droid X right now because it sounds like the clear cut current favorite and I can enjoy unlimited 3g.

If no (and assuming I can get an unlimited 3g data plan with a 4g phone).... Then it's between the Thunderbolt/X/Bionic. Patience will play a big role and so will Verizon's plan with 3g data (if and when they cap it, as I'd like to get grandfathered into the unlimited before they do)

trentphipps

Reaction score
I have owned a d1 forever then went to the fascinate for 2 days and couldnt stand the touch wiz. Samsung and verizon aren't helping the situation either with the fascinate. They need to release 2.2 on it. I took it back under the exchange policy and got my X I wouldn't trade it for the bionic. I don't need the dual core. If I need to game or do something that intense ill just use my i7 equppied computer:) I may crack tho when the quad core comes out that's just rediculous bragging rights. Anyway for people who aren't sure about the choice the X is rock solid and very nice to use. Minus the locked bootloader.lol. sorry to ramble I'm at work

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rgn2000

Reaction score
They are mostly likely going to charge for the 4G even if you can't get it. They are also going to charge more for the phones. The phones are expected to be around $250 as opposed to $199 for teh 3G. The X2 and Droid 3 are in the works as 3G only, but won't be until May or later. The X2 is rumored for May.

I would look at a Droid X on ebay or craigslist. Why get into any contract with an X at this time.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'd go with the X, especially if you say you are kinda hard up for money.

droidaholic1215

Reaction score
Droid X or Bionic

After living with the Droid X for the past week and a half and moving up from Droid 1, which started having some issues, I highly recommend going for the Droid X NOW...the speed is fantastic, the 4.3 inch screen is great, and, no, it's NOT all that BIG feeling...don't worry about reports that it's TOO BIG..it's just right...especially for web browsing and kindle. I wouldn't want anything smaller now. GO for the X....I find it PLENTY fast enough with the 1GB processor. 4G will be nice, but, really, just HOW MUCH speed do you need. X is plenty fast! I LOVE the X....right now, it's the ultimate 3G smartphone!

rgn2000

Reaction score
After living with the Droid X for the past week and a half and moving up from Droid 1, which started having some issues, I highly recommend going for the Droid X NOW...the speed is fantastic, the 4.3 inch screen is great, and, no, it's NOT all that BIG feeling...don't worry about reports that it's TOO BIG..it's just right...especially for web browsing and kindle. I wouldn't want anything smaller now. GO for the X....I find it PLENTY fast enough with the 1GB processor. 4G will be nice, but, really, just HOW MUCH speed do you need. X is plenty fast! I LOVE the X....right now, it's the ultimate 3G smartphone!

I too went from a D1 to X in November and I agree on size. The only thing I miss is the keyboard, but the size helps as the virtual keyboard is larger on it. Most of the phones moving forward will be keyboardless so I have to get used to it. With all that said, I still would not get a new X now with a 2 year contract. A 1 year is still questionable to me. I would buy one from craigslist or ebay that has no contract. The X2 and D3 will be out within 6 months.

roosterbrews

Reaction score
The X Sounds like plenty of phone for me the only thing that keeps me waiting is when all these new phones come out the X will be half the price soon it's already free to new verizon customers on Dell.com and 49.95 for returning. I think a month or two from now it will be way cheeper and I'll wait for that.

heather92

Reaction score
Droid X through motorola website

Just bought a droid x from motorola. We did our 2 year upgrade and got 3 droid x's for 50.00. Not 50 a piece, just 50. Now's a good time to get it.