Droid X Randomly Shuts Off.

Simply5

Reaction score
Okay, so lately my phone has been randomly and repeatedly shutting off. I usually have to restart it and at times it does not want to restart. What could be wrong with my phone?

jaypete

Reaction score
Same thing has been happening me for months.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kooshie

Reaction score
Ha! Like a factory reset would be the cure, doubtful.

robert70

Reaction score
My x and my x2 were doing the same thing, not sure why yours is but mine was an app, since I have gotten rid of it my phone has stopped doing that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kooshie

Reaction score
Do you which app it was? That would be helpful. Both my X & my husbands X2 randomly resetwould no idea what's causing it. I have done all the trouble shooting steps still doing it.

robert70

Reaction score
Well the three that I didn't put back on were pool masters pro, words with friends, some live wall paper thing, but I'm pretty sure for me it was words with friends, but the best thing I can tell you to do is uninstall all your apps and reinstall them one by one. And wait a few days in-between to see if the problem continues, but I would also consider a factory reset after you take them all off, try to think of your phone as a tiny PC in your pocket, every now and then it needs to be cleaned up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kooshie

Reaction score
Yes well as I said, I've tried all the usually trouble shooting so no factory reset & re-adding the app one at a time was not the solution. I even put a different sd card in. It rebooted shortly after the factory reset & I had added no apps yet.

tribaldrums

Reaction score
Possible fix

My X was doing the same thing for a couple of days but I did the *228 program your phone (option 1) and it hasn't shut off on its own
since.

kapeman

Reaction score
My X was doing the same thing for a couple of days but I did the *228 program your phone (option 1) and it hasn't shut off on its own
since.

I have had similar problems to what the OP describes.

Mostly when playing mp3 files (using stock and iSync) the phone just reboots. It happens very regularly. It isn't the standard reboot, the screen goes black and you can barely make out the droid eye while rebooting.

It seems to be slightly more stable if I move all apps off the SD card.

A coworker is experiencing the exact same behavior.

I will try this and see if it helps me. My coworker just tried and he locked up very soon after.

This issue seems to be pretty widespread according to the Verizon forums.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ha! Like a factory reset would be the cure, doubtful.

Start with simple fix then work toward complex.. Its a suggestion ... was trying to help. So I hope the op gets the issue resolved. I've fixed or managed to keep my old x and D2 as well as multiple other devices working properly using the basics first then approaching towards more complex issue solving if need be. I didn't tell them to SBF or anything right off bat for a reason...lol Peace is and will be...:)

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Natey2

Reaction score
Maybe the .621 update (that should be released soon) will fix the problem.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The soak is already happening. Soooo not much longer I'm sure.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

skydiverbill

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it, and it also slows to a craw and uses gobs of battery and the phone gets warm. I've done battery pulls and I guess I'll bite the bullet and do a reset.