Restarting droid x

fic1

Reaction score
My droid x every once in a while will resart, Shut down and restart. The only thing I know that is different is I put a extended battery in. It is a motorola bhx6. Any Ideas

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Did it not do this before? If it didn't do it before I would check the contacts on the battery. If im guessing right it probably turns off when you move it quickly or set it down? If that is the case than it is the battery. I would return it if it keeps it up. Make sure you check the contacts before going that route though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My droid x every once in a while will resart, Shut down and restart. The only thing I know that is different is I put a extended battery in. It is a motorola bhx6. Any Ideas

Any Droid phone that restarts on a regular basis, I'm talking about at least once a day has an issue.

The problem is figuring out what the issue is. I don't think it would be the battery.

So usually what I tell people is to see if it's an app. The most likely culprits are task killers and antivirus. If you're running these take them off. Restart your phone and see if that doesn't fix it.

If it doesn't fix it then You will have to do a factory data reset from your privacy section. Do not install any apps for a day or two then slowly start to put your apps back in there. If the restarting begins again then you will probably have an idea as to which app is causing the problem.

Good luck.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Hook, I would tend to side with you until he said he just got a new battery... I have bought cheap batteries before and have had this same problem. If it has been doing this for the life of the phone than I would agree with hook...